I got a call from a mate late last night to ask if i could turn out to dispatch a horse that had gone down,as he was unable to get hold of his regular vet, and the vet was due to come in today to do it anyway.
I asked him to try the vet one more time as i was unsure as to wheather or not i was legally covered to do it with either the .243 or my sec 1 with a brenneke slug (both on open ticket).
As it turned out he managed to contact the vet who then came out within the hour.
I have to say my first thoughts were that if a vet could not get out, i'd have gone and done it on humanitarian grounds and taken a chance with a clear conscience.
your thoughts please
i will have a chat with my FEO to see what he says