Ade 30-06 "A Stab Back"

Ade 30-06

Gentlemen,

Firstly,
I would like to thank those who stood by me during this saga. Those people who knew the circumstance 'first hand' AS THEY HAPPENED over 7 WEEKS AGO !
I told them of events at the time and all agreed the decision at that time was correct and fair.
Thank you All.

Elmers account (for the most part) is similar to mine and does bear some truth. This apart from the fact that the farmer in question MISLEAD us BOTH !
Of the 3 farms he owns I visited only one (that day in fact 5 miles further away) and saw from the main road, the other. Not the farm in question !!!
I was asked to pay over and above 3k+ for the stalking subject to walking the 2 un-visited farms first.
THIS WAS AT THE END OF DECEMBER LADS !!!
Last year !!!
I never did get to walk those 2 other farms because, in the meanwhile before this was arranged I rang Elmer and we went foxing together. Speaking with him that night and after hearing too many coincidental comments I put 2 and 2 together and realised I was actually on one of the other farms.
"F#CK" I thought !
So what did I do ???
I TOLD HIM THERE AND THEN, THAT SAME NIGHT of my situation.
"I'LL BACK OFF AND NEVER CONTACT THE FARMER AGAIN"
" I FEEL A RIGHT **** NOW" I said
and never contacted the farmer again.
As far as I was concerned that was that. Even though I was disappointed at an opportunity lost, I felt good for being HONEST and UPFRONT with Elmer.
THAT'S THE TRUTH
That was over 6 weeks ago. Then I call Elmer, I hear from ELMER himself earlier this week that the sh*t has hit the fan on the forum, "You had better check it out mate" he said. I didn't sleep one minute that night worrying.
I have even politely refused a generous offer from another Welsh based stalker on this site last year of a visit to his patch, to see his prize Reds. I declined because that is his little gold mine, and in my own words to him " I won't come down to see your patch, I will come for a cuppa and a chinwag and no more " just so that I would AVOID any situation such as this arising.
And now this happens !!!!!
Lads - Shoot me for being HONEST and UPFRONT with him. What would you have done in the same boat....awkward or what !
Sh*t sticks and it will take a long time for me to recover from this episode. I bear absolutely no malice towards anyone involved whatsoever,that includes comments made given the LIMITED facts available.
What's done is done.
Elmer is a gentleman and a generous person, I do like him and regard him as a friend still.
SikaMalc acted to protect the site. Elmer to protect his shoot rights.
I acted to protect fair play and honesty among MATES.

Misunderstanding Over.

The END

Ade 30-06

Ps Get both sides to a story before casting that first stone !!!!!

Ive just been asked to do the stalking on 2 farms on my boundry as the chap doing it now isnt going offten enough , i dont know the chap , does that make me a back stabber ? maybe in his eyes

Some apologies needed here, Elmer had his say, both sides heard, far too many keyboard warriors with ichy fingers and desire to jump on the bandwagon to gain kudos within the forum. deerwarden

Good luck Ade, theres the truth, both sides and there is trial/sentencing/punishment by internet forum, and the law doesn`t have a say in it as the internet is god to some.
If you and another bloke had a problem and have sorted it out, what the hell has it to do with an internet website/forum? I dòn`t know, the only comman thing is, is that your both members.

Ive just been asked to do the stalking on 2 farms on my boundry as the chap doing it now isnt going offten enough , i dont know the chap , does that make me a back stabber ? maybe in his eyes

i hope its not mine, i havent been in a while but to no fault of my own, i'm currently making high seats at my own expense as well.

Good luck Ade, theres the truth, both sides and there is trial/sentencing/punishment by internet forum, and the law doesn`t have a say in it as the internet is god to some.
If you and another bloke had a problem and have sorted it out, what the hell has it to do with an internet website/forum? I dòn`t know, the only comman thing is, is that your both members.
totally agree this sort of thing should not get on this forum . my opinion . well done for sorting it out anyway ,this is not face book. this if it is happening to you must be very hurtfull and worrying mud sticks in this case hopefully 4 about a 100th of a second

The points are.
1. At no time was anyones real name or details mentioned on the site.

2. As this site has many good members who give stalking away, or make a limited charge the ramifications were great, people could withdraw their help altogther, indeed Elmerfudd did mention that would be the case with himself, albeit that this does not now apply.

3. The person who owned the rights posted details of the incident on the site and explained the reasons and what had happened.

4. As the two parties have now consulted with each other, and as Elmerfudd has indicated in his post decided to give Ade30.06 the benefit of doubt and excepted his explanation that is the end of the matter.

Glad you're back Ade... now about this T3, you where going to let me know what to feed it on remember? :D

SPEAK AS YOU FIND...............

I have even politely refused a generous offer from another Welsh based stalker on this site last year of a visit to his patch, to see his prize Reds. I declined because that is his little gold mine, and in my own words to him " I won't come down to see your patch, I will come for a cuppa and a chinwag and no more " just so that I would AVOID any situation such as this arising.

I've recently become acquainted with ADE via the forum whilst he's been trying to set up a Welsh Syndicate.

The quoted comment he made was me and is 100% absolutely correct. At NO time did ADE try to force any issues on me and at all times he has acted with a great deal of proprietary and common sense.

Rocky

The way most people get their foot in the door is knocking then word of mouth and then using names of happy landowners, now this is just my opinion ok.....if you had been shooting on a place for 20+ years and the landowner was still willing to be open to offers then there is something up with the friendship there...remember just my opinion....

Thank you very much for the messages of support guys.

The matter is OVER now.

Could we PLEASZEEEE leave things from this point onwards and get on with more important matters.

As things stand amicably now and resolutions have been made I think any further debate may be counterproductive.

THANK YOU

Ade 30-06 xxx

The way most people get their foot in the door is knocking then word of mouth and then using names of happy landowners, now this is just my opinion ok.....if you had been shooting on a place for 20+ years and the landowner was still willing to be open to offers then there is something up with the friendship there...remember just my opinion....

Most farmers I know are shrewd tough business men, to illustrate, "every pound is a hostage" is not wasted on some. I can be "friends" with business associates and do deals with their competitors, is there something wrong with the other relationship... no its business. Some of my farmer "friends" on the other hand are just that, friends and are happy with our relationship such that the financial element isn't a key driver in our relationship. The key drivers for them are knowing whose about and who can be trusted and not impact on their running of their business. Other farmers not so; they see it as business so if you rock up and offer to buy the stalking and its of a higher values than they currently enjoy they will sell, its nothing personal just the way it is. That is why I and many others prefer to have a friendship and not a business relationship but you have to go with the flow.

Just my opinion too Apollo....:D

and a very valid one too, i dont pay for any of my stalking in the cotwolds hereford or the forest of dean, we just mates....lol

John Appolo is not Too Tight he's very fortunate,,,
Appolo Look after your free stalking mate As it is hard too come by,
I lived in Sweden for 20 yrs and was spoilt with as much stalking/Hunting as i wanted for a small fee ,
However I moved back about 4 Yrs ago and have been trying to find some of my own stalking It's hard and very few and far between.

Take care guys

viking

thanks for that viking850 but johns right im tight and my stalking partner is so tight he squeaks....but seriously ours is free because we aint afraid to ask ans even with a welsh accent we get by in the forest, we have 3 small plots in the forest at the moment for boar and picked them up in the last month, the ground we are on in the cotswolds is through a good friend who knows a lot of people in the farming community but they dont need money and only do it because the deer are in the way of their hunting, so we are very lucky but also very tight....lol:)

Back