Thread: Info?

I have posted this in two places, because I'm not sure where it should go. Hello, from South Texas, I'm a 62yr old history teacher. I love to hunt, fish, shoot, and read. I have deer hunted for the last 50 years, predominately in Texas. I hunted once in Africa, Namibia & Zimbawe, in 1978. When I retire in the next year or two, I would like two hunt in England for roe, muntjac and fallow. I am here to research my future hunt. As a hunter, reloader and shooter I may offer my opinion or ask questions from time to time. Have a good day, captdavid

I am a large man, 300lds, and not in the best of shape, so long or vigerous stalking is out.
    I am on a budget, so I know that I can't afford to hunt or stay on expensive estates.
    I would like to take a decent, represenitive roe. A fallow trophy is probably out of my price range but maybe not a non trophy. A Muntjac buck does not appeal to me at this point, but culling a bunch of Muntjac does is very apealing. Some have suggested the Sussex, Suffolk and Somerset areas.

What I would like to do at this point, is get an idea on prices:
    How much should I expect to pay for a morning and an evening hunt?
    Any suggestions or names of Stalkers would be appreciated as I might find them on the web.
    How much should I expect to pay for lodging and meals?
    Any suggestions or names of pubs or B&Bs would be also appreciated as I might find them on the web.
    Thanks andI apologize if this is too long, captdavid

You could choose to pm from a few trade members on here, also the site Admin are not backwards in helping people like yourself.
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

Hamptworth Estate

Hi Capt David,

You could try somewhere like the hamptworth estate which has a shoot lodge and does cull stalking for Fallow. They are alos close to plenty of Roe and muntjac country in Wilts dorset and oxfordshire (all within I hour) and they could organise for you.