Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Triggers 700

UPDATE Triggers 700

hi anyone got an opinion about a Timney trigger against a standard fit to a remmy 700 . as in are they much better thanks gerry
    Last edited by bongo; 21-02-2011 at 14:24.

The Timney is adjustable for weight of pull, backlash and overtravel the Remington?

Timney also have an excellent reputation which is more than can be said for the Remington trigger.

Hi , ive just got one but wondered if it was worth the trouble putting it on ?

I have never swopped one but it cannot be that hard to do. I do use the Timney type and are familar with them though. Did the new trigger not come with intructions?

I use jewell but did not fit them myself. All I can say is, if you do not fit them yourself ensure that you cycle unloaded rounds prior to use.

A friend lightened his Tikka trigger and had some slam fire's that shat us up some what!!!!!!!

Lancs / Cumbria Border
    The Timney will improve the feel of the standard trigger, as will a Rifle Basix, Shilen, Kelby or Jewel unit.

Fitting is a five minute task, for the careful DIYer.

Follow instructions, do not ajust too light.......

I have a Timney in my Remmy 700. Excellent trigger, far superior to the standard remmy one.

i put a timney in my 700, well worth it, an not that hard to do yourself.

I have had, and still do, many Remingtons over the years and managed to tune the original triggers with good success Except one !!
    I bought a chrome plated, complete with safety,Timney trigger, adjusted at the factory to 1.5lb, to fit to the awkward rifle that I could not get below 2.5lb, then along came a mate who was quite happy with 2.5lb so I sold it to him.
    As it was a .308 and I had just bought another 30-06 I did not see any point in getting another .308 so if anybody wants a brand new Timney trigger set at 1.5lb which only has had the blister pack opened to read the fitting instructions then it's yours for 85, a considerable saving on what I paid for it.

I have and have had Jewell, Timney and Rifle Basix. For long range paper punching, Arnold Jewell cannot be beaten; but when there's a big old stag in the crosshairs, I'm damned if I can tell the difference (or feel the recoil, for that matter). A well set up Remmy trigger is a joy to use.