Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sako / GMK "Special Order"

Sako / GMK "Special Order"

I have a Sako 85 in 6.5 x 55, which I'm very happy with. I have a slot for a 7mm Rem Mag and was thinking about getting another 85.

I've spoken to my local dealer who has a GMK account. He looked on the computer for a 7mm RM. Apparently there are none at GMK's UK warehouse at the moment. I can order one through my dealer but because there are none in the UK it would be a "Special Order", the waiting time for which could be nine months. I have heard other dealers say the same thing.

I don't really want to wait nine months. I'd probably go down the custom route instead.

Does anyone have any experience of this. I wonder if my dealer is getting bad service from GMK or whether this is the norm. I don't want to go eslewhere but does anyone think I might get one quicker if I went to another shop.

I waited 6 months for my sako 85 in 243 my mate bought the same rifle a while later and it was delivered in 3 days

Very nice one on guntrader at the moment for 2700, might be worth a look. As for GMK, afraid they run on an alternative time system, If they are quoting 9 months delivery you might as well forget it. It makes me laugh how they can run businesses like this, If you wanted a part for a tractor/oil rig/helicopter/printing press etc you wouldn't wait nine months for it, it would be delivered from the other side of the world within days, yes there would be a cost to that but how much can that be to send a 10kg parcel? JC

Thanks for your replies.

I am begining to think I might be better off going down the custom route if the wait for a Sako is 9 months. I agree that it is difficult to see how GMK can operate in that way. I believe the 7 mm Rem mag is something like the 3rd most popular deer calibre in the US, so Sako must be making them for shooters in the States. I can't believe they can't swing one over here quicker than nine months.

JC - is it the Brock and Norris custom job on Guntrader?

Quote Originally Posted by Dovebob View Post
    JC - is it the Brock and Norris custom job on Guntrader?
    Thats the one I noticed. JC

I've dropped you a quick PM about that rifle on Guntrader.

I had to phone around for the Tika I bought recently. I had two RFD's tell me a similar thing quoting up to six months from placing the order with GMK.

It's quite simple they have no competition same goes for Edgar Bros..... they know if you want it you'll have to wait until they decide to do something about it..

I once ordered a 300 win mag s/s 75 and after a year you should of heard the storys they came out with ,one was he was going over to the factory and would fetch me 1 back ??? but after 15 month i gave in and cancelled the order.

If you get service like that Vote with your and go elsewhere. I would drop Sako a mail though just saying how much you liked their product its just a shame you are not able to buy one