Thread: Schmidt and Bender?

Schmidt and Bender?

Hi, I was just wondering if anyone on here would be as kind as to give me some advice on the above scopes please?

I have a 8X56 already and I am planning a variable with an illuminated reticule for my .22-250 for deer/vermin.

My first question is: What is the difference between the Zenith and the Klassic?

My other one was: Which would be more suitable for my gun,(say out to around 300 yards) 2.5-10X56 or 3-12X50?

I would also really appreciate a price guidline for the above two before I squander my money Any thoughts on the two models would also be great!

Really appreciate the help!

The Zenith should have updated glass on the Klassic, they are nicer scopes all around.

I would definitely go with the 3-12x50, I really don't like 56mm variables, they leave the rifle very top heavy, and the extra couple of "x's" in the x12 might be useful for long range foxes etc during the day.

No idea on pricing, shop around, check out MacLeod's, he might have a deal. Also check out the ex demo Swarovski that MacLeod lists, you miight get a deal to suit you.

Just because you are paranoid, doesn't mean they aren't out to get you......

Here you go, the very scope you want at a couple of hundred under the price of a new one.

Check the classified here also. Good deals all the time.

Just because you are paranoid, doesn't mean they aren't out to get you......

I'm with Claret Dabbler on this one, go for the Schmidt Bender Zenith (with Flashdot if you like illuminated) 3-12 x 50 if you can find one at the right price.
    I loved my first one so much that I bought a second one for another rifle and got rid of a Leupold to make room for it
    Unbeatable quality!
    Pricey though, but their customer support is excellent too. I had a slight problem with a 1.1-4 x 24 Zenith and sent it back to them, got it back just over a week later repaired, cleaned, new batteries and new documents included and they paid all the postage.
    A very nice lady phoned me to make sure I was ok with the whole proceedings.
    Needless to say I was