New Knife ...... traditional Sheffield carbon steel

Bit of an "old school knife" that one, I remember have'n one similar to this years ago. (William Rodgers Sheffield)

The sheaths were always get'n cut at the top rivet if you wer'nt careful.

Rgds. Buck.

Last edited:
The sheaf on mmine was just worn out:-

WBBooneknife.jpg

As I wished to use it I had a new sheaf made but it didn't fit so it went back to be corrected and that's the last i saw of it. The guy it seems left the country and I lost my knife and the money paid.

Yes it's show'n it age,as I recall my own had a clip point blade,I think that is more of an upswept blade.

It still look's in usable condition though. I'm sure Attleborough Accessories stock those sheaths,

don't know if ther still on the go!!!!

good luck with both the new and old one

Rgds, Buck.

Old School or not, its a carbon blade,so will hold a great edge and it feels good to YOU....thats all that matters ;)...best you blood it soon bud and stop gazing at it :D

Old School or not, its a carbon blade,so will hold a great edge and it feels good to YOU....thats all that matters ;)...best you blood it soon bud and stop gazing at it :D

How true you are Chicken man, carbon holds a keen edge. :thumb:

Don't see the point spend'n a few hundred quid on a knife, for it to lye in a drawer to be looked at add occasionally fondled.

What a waist of a good knife and money.

Rgds, Buck.

PS. Thats not to say I have not spent a few quid over the years. :doh:

Yes it did hold and edge and probably still does but as I said it was stolen. I have been keeping an eye out for a replacement then found this new one so hopefully it will be as good. I will let you know when it arrives. Of course I do have a modern stainless knife or two:-

BokerArbolito.jpg

BokerStaghandledknife.jpg

but I do like traditional knives and materials like the antler handles on lower one.

Doubt it as they are Boker Treebrand knives so I have no idea who designed them they just suited my purpose. It seems Boker have their knives made in various plases the top one is Argentinan the bottom one does not say it's origin. I do have another it's a Chinese made Frost that was given to me it's good as a back up. The stag handled knife lives in the knife pocket in the trousers and I carry a Buck Crosslock on the belt when stalking and one of these others in my pack Just in case. So if we leave the pack in the truck as happened when stalking with John in Yorkshire I still have a knife without the hike back tot he truck.

Oh forgot there is the small folding Swiss Army knife in my pocket always and another Waiter I beleive it's called Swiss Army knife on my house keys. A good sharp knife is sooooooooooo useful for so many things from opening thsoe damend plastic wraps in the supermarket to taking cuttings in the garden. Yes I WAS a Cub then Scout ;).

OK Scarlet you obvously like a knife and I have taken the bait so who made this one:

No helping grandpa buck!!!

OK Scarlet you obvously like a knife and I have taken the bait so who made this one:

No helping grandpa buck!!!

You've lost me mate :confused: But your knife looks good :thumb:.

PS. When you taken orders ? Do Granpa's get DISCOUNT. ;)

Rgds, Buck.

No billy they get knifes took off them and given spoons and straws ps i will come visit you with my young woman on my are just to give you a reason to live.;)NICE KNIFE I KNOW A PERSON THAT COULD GIVE THAT A REAL TEST. ITHINK I AM THE ONLY ONE I KNOW TO WARE OUT A PUMA WHITE HUNTER.:lol:

Davy I'm touched mate you should take such an intrest in my status : :idea: maybe you should change your user name to MATCH MAKER!!!!

(I can just imagine all those happy couples you'd put together) :eek: Once you know how to sharpen a knife, they'll give better service and last a bit longer. :lol:

Rgds, Buck.

PS. GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR PUMA :D

Hey i have no problems sharprning my knife just looking after them seems a real problem any one tell me how to sort this one.

Knife.jpg

Hey i have no problems sharprning my knife just looking after them seems a real problem any one tell me how to sort this one.

Knife.jpg

Dave am shocked !!! Your an AW you should know better, come on Dave CROSS CONTAMINATION !!!!!!!

Rgds, Buck.

Billy cross what ha ha dont make me laugh i put three roe away to the game dealer he through them in to the back of a tranisit luton on top of about 14 others . Any way whats wrong its been through the dish washer so is clean just tarnished . Still any one know how to get it back to its original glory. ps white vinigar didnt work.

Billy cross what ha ha dont make me laugh i put three roe away to the game dealer he through them in to the back of a tranisit luton on top of about 14 others . Any way whats wrong its been through the dish washer so is clean just tarnished . Still any one know how to get it back to its original glory. ps white vinigar didnt work.

Davy, you know 2 wrong don't make a right,but thank FECK you did'nt NAME THE GAME DEALER !!!!!!!!!

Rgds, Buck.

PS. The dealer am go'n to dos'nt behave in that manner. ;)

No he puts all the meat from all our deers in the same pot and makes pies from it :rofl: So that knife has started the pies you eat and you aint dead .

No Davy, I get the same as you £ stirling :rolleyes: , by the way Idid'nt know JG made pies, I'll need to try them. :rofl:

Rgds, Buck.

I sorted that knife not more than a year ago, but rust is a cancer leave it comes back worse. Mora for you davie boy. high chrome stainless, you dont sharpen yourself anyway

hows the knife i sold you?

Back