Atec CMM4 & Roedale Delta

macperc

Hi,

I'm tempted by one the new ultra light weight mods but from previous experience I'm a little worried regards the durability of the alloy baffles.

If you have either of the mods in the title, how are you finding they're holding up against gas cutting and how many rounds have you put through them?

Thanks,

James

I have a steel A-tec, a stainless Delta and two Aluminium Deltas. First I was worried about baffle wear and opted for a "light" which
has the first two baffles in steel for my 243. I changed that mod since a while to an all aluminium mod.
On my 308 I have an all aluminium mod since almost a year on my 308 but have only around 80 rounds through it.
The baffles look perfect, no white crumbly stuff on the edges of the baffles as one could sometimes get on the
older reflex A-tecs. The alu mod from the 243 hasn't enough rounds through to say much maybe 50 or so no wear.
Maybe the older A-tecs had an unlucky choice of aluminium, aircraft quality does not always means corrosion resistant.
I had one of those older A-tecs but got around the corrosion by running an oily brush through the mod after every use, never
did that with the delta mods.
For a stalking rifle these light weight moderators are a gift.
edi

I have a steel A-tec, a stainless Delta and two Aluminium Deltas. First I was worried about baffle wear and opted for a "light" which
has the first two baffles in steel for my 243. I changed that mod since a while to an all aluminium mod.
On my 308 I have an all aluminium mod since almost a year on my 308 but have only around 80 rounds through it.
The baffles look perfect, no white crumbly stuff on the edges of the baffles as one could sometimes get on the
older reflex A-tecs. The alu mod from the 243 hasn't enough rounds through to say much maybe 50 or so no wear.
Maybe the older A-tecs had an unlucky choice of aluminium, aircraft quality does not always means corrosion resistant.
I had one of those older A-tecs but got around the corrosion by running an oily brush through the mod after every use, never
did that with the delta mods.
For a stalking rifle these light weight moderators are a gift.
edi

Just the kind of review I need. I'm about to take the plunge and have a CMM4 fitted to my 308.

I had a CMM-4 Alu fitted to my .243Ackley when I had it re-barrelled. After just over 500 rounds through it there are no signs of baffle wear.

The sound deadening qualities are good for this size of mod, and the light weight and small size don't change the balance too much.

All in all an excellent mod, and I will have one fitted to my Swede when the current 3 year old T8 finally gives up.

£250 on deer is not a significant sum.Fitted the cmm4 to my 243 and love it. If you self load and do 100's testing it may ware I don't know but buying rounds and shooting deer the shot numbers should mean years of service. With weight change from t8 fantastic. Completely different rifle. Jim

CMM4 on my 22-250 had transformed it, I have just bough one for my .270 after asking basically the same question, nearly a 1/3 the weight of the Wildcat.

TJ

I'm also looking for a lightweight moderator so this thread was invaluable. Where can you purchase a CMM4?

Bk

I'm also looking for a lightweight moderator so this thread was invaluable. Where can you purchase a CMM4?

Bk

Jackson Rifles. I use a CMM-4-AU and have done since they first came out on my .25-06 :D And on my .300 Win- Mag the Old style over the barrel A-TEC of which the first 2 baffles are "STAINLESS" imho nothing better out there :thumb:

I have the Roedale Delta on my 260rem. Fantastic, I have two Ti Nitride baffles fitted in mine, weighs 230grams. My rifle with a 20" barrel handles like a rifle with a 24" barrel and no Mod.

Think I have about 200 rounds down the Roedale, looks like new.

I bought mine from Bushwear, but I think Mcleod does them too £240 from bushwear. Bushwear now in Perth CMM4

Well I took the plunge and bought a CMM-4-AL today, hopefully the baffles will be more durable than the old Atec but, if not, at least I can simply swap the worn baffle for £40. I chose the CMM over the Delta simply because of the poor customer service of the the The Sportsmans Gun Center and the dubious reputation of Roedale. Below are a couple of photos of the Atec alongside a SAK for reference:

3b680989.jpg

4655b78d.jpg

440acf7e.jpg

330d36ce.jpg

7d271d80.jpg

86178f92.jpg

PS Weight with 4 baffles is 220g, length is 6 3/4, £240 Inc 2 year gaurantee.

Last edited:
this is just what im thinking about at the moment. its between the northstar and cmm4. didnt like the weight of my t8 on my .243. getting a 308 shortly and wonder if the (stronger) built northstar would be more siutable despite the weight.

heres another question though

how much differance is there between the two mods regards muzzle flip/reduced recoil

regards pj1

Has anyone tried the CMM-4 with one baffle removed, i.e. only 3 baffles instead of 4? Just wondering how much of an increase in blast and noise you would notice with a 6mmBR or .243...

Atec Cmm4 arrived today ! will be at Garlands saturday to zero my .260 rem with it on .
Will post what it is like over the weekend.

So far it is well made and very light, i will try it with 4 baffles down to one :D

Atec Cmm4 arrived today ! will be at Garlands saturday to zero my .260 rem with it on .
Will post what it is like over the weekend.

So far it is well made and very light, i will try it with 4 baffles down to one :D

I look forward to hearing what its like with baffles removed.
Cheers
S

Weight of the light Roedale according to their blurb is 200g to 250g depending on the number of baffles fitted.

The CMM weighs 220g.

I am saving for one of the CMM's.

Simon

Back