PULSAR DIGISIGHT N550 are they worth there money

WAYNE

Good day to you all, been looking into getting PULSAR DIGISIGHT N550, are they as good as they say they are? i was going to buy an ND3 laser but i was put of so i saved up and i am thinking about getting one of these to go on .223. Any body with any expearance with these and how you find them? What distances you been getting the old foxes with them and do you need a moon for them to work at there best. Have a good day:)

Hello mate not used one myself but if you look further down the page you can read some older posts on it hope thats of help to you

Regards Andy

Ive used one a few times.. Someone i know has one too and he has shot a few foxes with it. IMO its not a viable solution for shooting foxes at night unless its all within 50 - 100yds, absolute MAX! I think the let downs are that its only 4x mag, the clarity is pretty poor at any of the normal fox shooting distances and i think it is overpriced for what it is. I initially thought it was because it wasnt set up for me, but after tinkering for an hour with one to get the best out of it, i still didnt think it was good value.

Points i thought were good were things like the 1 shot zeroing, while not being perfect, work quite well albeit if you can see the hole in the target at 100yds (which i couldnt).

I think this bit of kit would be suitable for an air rifle or .22 rimfire for bunnies or sorting out town foxes etc but for normal foxing operations using CF rifles in the normal shooting band (50yds - 150yds) i think its underwhelming.

Ive been lucky enough to have a go with some proper NV available to the discerning foxing man and it knocks spots off the pseudo-NV. If i were you, i would keep saving and buy proper NV.

Good day to you all, been looking into getting PULSAR DIGISIGHT N550, are they as good as they say they are? i was going to buy an ND3 laser but i was put of so i saved up and i am thinking about getting one of these to go on .223. Any body with any expearance with these and how you find them? What distances you been getting the old foxes with them and do you need a moon for them to work at there best. Have a good day:)

80-100yrds Max okayish. I have a add on you can have a scan around if you spot a Target it take seconds to attach to you every day scope, if you was that way inclined "I AM NOT" you can see and id Fox's 300yrds no problem so could take the shot. id Hares at same distance For me 180yrds down is plenty far enough at night NO MATTER what system you use. Mine cost £1000 Unit-100mn Laser and scope adater

Save your money!

I'm in same situation at mo, want nv for my .223! Now I have looked thru an used a pulser 550 and personally think they are Shite! Fine for air rifle, perhaps Rimfire but not ideal for cf! Now last week I was fortunate to use a gen3 kite, pvs14 and a longbow! Yes they are more expensive but well worth saving up for! The D760 and D480 are also worth looking at for dedicated set ups!
See if anyone local to you has any equipment you could have a look thru?! It's all very good reading reviews but people are biased to what they use. At the end of the day your eyes won't lie to you!
Hope this helps!
Atb James

Last edited:
Cheers for info, like you say it's alot to folk out if you don't like it, i shall see the dealer if he can let me have a look one night and if he says no, well i'm sure another dealer would be keen enougth if i was buying sight and gun from him. Have a good night

I have a pulsar on a 223 but not shot a lot of foxes but have shot hares and rabbits out to 150 yards with it. I have to use it with lamp and infared filter on.
But its clear as a bell out to 300 yards and id stuff upto 500. Its a pain to lamp with due to it been mounted to rifle.
Ive mounted a digi monocular to my roof mounted lamp and piped it upto a 7 inch monitor in the cab, so you lamp with monitor then when you spot a fox lock lamp off and shoot it with pulsar. ill get round to putting some pics on. Reason for not shooting a lot is just not putting time in with it but it works well.
If anyone is round preston and wants a ganders than im more than happy to take them out.

Hello all, and cheers Bri for the generous offer, if it wasn't for the fact that I live in Nottingham I'd take you up on it. I was looking through one of these at the gunshow in Newark this weekend (great affair this year by the way) and thought it had potential. The main problem I as I see it isn't so much the sytems ability to see in the dark, it's more to do with the often poor 'built in' illuminators which goes with them. I have NV bino's. They're rubbish if it's pitch black and I rely on their built in IR lamp. However, I use a cab mounted lightforce lamp with IR filter, and with that I can see out to 300m+. Sounds to me like the Pulsar may be the answer to my problem....once I've spotted the fox, I have to switch to white light to use my scope.... = running fox! I don't really want to have my rifle with a scope I can't use in daylight because I shoot a lot of foxes in early evening during the summer. All of my foxes are shot at 200m max because I like to sit and wait, and bait and squeak them in closer.

I'd appreciate more opinions from people who have used them.

Cheers!

Got to say the reticules are a problem on the pulsar. Ive been trying to change them but since im a computer retard im not having much success. Because of crap mag the reticule covers to much target

I can't comment too much on the Pulsar N550, although I was thinking of buying one a while back, but I never got the chance to try one out. I wanted something for use on my 22RF for rabbits out to around 60yds, and in the end I decided to go for and addon system; in fact a secondhand Pulsar Challenger with day scope adapter! For the money paid, I was truly staggered at what this little unit could do!! These systems work better with some scopes than others and do need a laser IR to get the best from them, and ideally use them with side parallax, but I took a chance on using a Simmons WTC 6-24x56. With the laser on, if I was using 222 / 223 I could easily shoot at 150yds and it will locate way beyond 200yds!! I have heard differing reports of this addon system (but most are positive), and I may have just got lucky with my combination. Without the laser I would struggle to see my feet, but turn it on..........wow !!!!!!!! Given the eye relief of the system, I don't think it could be used on anything much over 223, although I am tempted to at least give it a go on my 22-250!!
I paid 260.00 for the unit and DSA + 140.00 quite amazed at what I got!

ATB

Tom

Sounds great thomas,but doesnt rabbits and fox see the ir light and react,all be it less than a normal lamp.????

Hi Shunty, It appears that they can not see the IR light, most rabbits when you watch them just go about their usual business unaware that you are there. Only thing I am finding hard is judging distances just using NV.

ATB

Tom

Does anyone know if foxes can see the infra red beam off the lamp, i had a lamp shy fox the other night and it kept backing off.
It didnt high tail it out but it wasnt happy.
Unless it knew something was just quite right

Does anyone know if foxes can see the infra red beam off the lamp, i had a lamp shy fox the other night and it kept backing off.
It didnt high tail it out but it wasnt happy.
Unless it knew something was just quite right

Thomas if you dont believe Fox's etc can see a IR Laser take it off you unit go 250-350trds away an get someone to shine it at you ?????? 100% you will see it

Bri2506 if you use a Infra Red FILTER on say a lightforce lamp then "NO" Fox's etc cant see it. Your lamp or light must not be a LED one as it wont work. Maglite C-Cell with a IR-Filter spot on go back 20-30yrds you cant see it.

Starlight archer is the finest technology I have ever seen, add on to the back of a day sight for night vision in seconds. Different grades of tube are different prices but they start at £1600 ish. Having said that look for the vid on youtube.... amazing just amazing

Back