7.62X39 reloading info'

Thar

I have a nice little Bruno on a Mini-mauser action to do some reloading for I have 130gn Hornady soft points on hand, I have a good range of Vectan power but am not sure what to use, anybody have any experience with this round and the above components.

It should make a good Muntjac, Roe round for woodland stalking south of the border.

ATB

Tahr

I'm in France at the moment Tahr but if you can wait untill I get home on Tuesday I will look up the information Nobelsport sent me on reloading 7.62x39 some years ago. This round isn't mentioned in their reloading manual but there are suitable loads using vectn powder.

Vectan sp7 seems to be the powder of choice with that bullet weight...according to the various posts I've seen. In the neighborhood of 27 grains for a 123 grain bullet. I have no experience with Vectan powders so take it for what it's worth.....:-|~Muir

Thanks Muir

But that is one powder I don't have:doh: I have Tu2000,3000,5000 and 7000. I bet I wouldn't be able to use any and have to get another tub of something for the job.:cry:

ATB

Tahr

Too bad! If you could scratch up a tub of Accurate Arms 1680 you'd have a powder made specifically for that cartridge.~Muir

Hi Tahr,
The information given to me by Nobelsport some years ago by email is - for a 123 grn Fmj bullet 28 grns of SP10 powder or between 22 and 23 grns of Tu2000.

Hi Tahr,
The information given to me by Nobelsport some years ago by email is - for a 123 grn Fmj bullet 28 grns of SP10 powder or between 22 and 23 grns of Tu2000.

Thanks for the info' as I said I have Tu2000 and another kind member off here has PMed me, and is going to drop some SP7 in for me on his next trip up stalking.

Thanks for you help guys.

Tahr

Back