Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ashley Cole shoots a placement student with air rifle-

Distinguished Member tartinjock's Avatar
    Nairn, Inverness-shire

Ashley Cole shoots a placement student with air rifle-

If there is any truth in it, I'm sure being a big profle footballer, the courts will make an example of him.......

From another site-

A work placement student at Chelsea Football Club was injured after Ashley Cole allegedly accidentally shot him with an air rifle, the News of the World has claimed today.

It is thought the incident happened last Sunday morning at Chelsea's Surrey training ground.

According to the News of the World, 21-year-old Tom Cowan was shot from just 5ft away as Cole "larked about" with the .22 rifle.

Cowan, a sports science student on a year's internship at the club, was reportedly left "in agony" after the lead pellet pierced his side and was "bleeding profusely".

A source told the paper: "It's truly inconceivable that a Premier League footballer could bring a gun to the training ground.

"But Ashley pulled the rifle from a box and started larking about with it in the changing room."

Cowan was reportedly given medical attention at the scene and sent home for two days' recovery but was forced to endure further treatment after the wound continued weeping.

Cole is thought to have been severely reprimanded by Chelsea bosses and has apologised to the young intern, but Tom's father Ron is reportedly furious about the incident.

He is said to be demanding to know what action will be taken against the footballer.

The News of the World claims police were not called and that the club has gone into "lockdown" over the incident.

The paper's insider added: "Cole didn't know the gun was loaded but it's a disgrace. His behaviour beggars belief."

Last night a Chelsea spokesman told The People: "We never comment on internal matters."

Position and hold must be firm enough to support the firearm
    The firearm must point naturally at the target without any undue physical effort
    Sight alignment (aiming) must be correct
    The shot must be released and followed through without disturbing the position

Account Suspended
    North Yorkshire
    He seems to be getting into trouble all the time with waving his weapon about

Quote Originally Posted by Mannlicher_Stu View Post
    He seems to be getting into trouble all the time with waving his weapon about
    I'm quite sure if cheryl had her way, he'd be minus one of his weapons an am not talk'n about his Air Rifle.

Rgds, Buck.
    "let him without sin cast the first stone"

They have big carpets at football clubs where all things bad are swept under and hopefully never go public.
    "He who kills sow with piglets empties the forest of boar" My neighbours dad on new years eve 2011.

and while the club might try to play this down, people have been killed by that sort of behaviour.

Heard this first thing......Its beyond belief really that anyone can be that stupid as to wave any gun around...

It's OK!............ He didn't know it was loaded!.................. A grade one example, if this incident is factual, of treating every pistol or rifle as "LOADED"................ & an extra lesson here, It doesn't matter how well known, or wealthy you might be either.
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

Surely if the plods get wind of it they would have to investigate. Certainly not up to the football club's bosses to decide what happens.

If this kid was treated at any N.H.S. facility, I hear the staff are bound by law to inform of a wound from any arm, be it knife or gun. ?
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

they are a pain those work experience type boys ,mine needs a rocket not a pellet i dont read those sunday papers but it caught my eye in the shop this am, i nearly sucummed when i saw the front page thats what its supposed to do me thinks !