Have you ever................

Sat in a highseat and nothing feels right about anything?
Out with Rick O`shea (Jon) yesterday evening, i chose my highseat which was a different one to the one i often favour. After having a gander around the area i got up into the seat.
I tried to get settled but nothing felt right about where i was, the breeze was going in the wrong direction and i felt totally exposed.
After about half an hour i`m thinking shall i move? What if something comes out of the wood as i`m climbing down the ladder? I now feel like i`m in a real dilema.
I stay put, still thinking about my options.
Taking a look at the time i have to make a decision, move now or stay put. My confidence in seeing anything has now been blown apart. Decision made, 10 minutes more here then make a move.
Roughly 10 minutes has ticked by, it was probably three in reality but i`d just about had enough.
Suddenly i spy some movement down on the edge of the wood, i put the rifle straight up on the rail. I didn`t bother with the binos for fear of too much movement on my part, looking through the scope a Fallow pricket and doe were facing me. Noses in the air more than they were on the ground both knew something wasn`t right, i wasn`t going to get to much chance to get a shot off.
With the rifle trained on the pricket i`m waiting for the first opportunity for him to go broadside. I can even feel a bit of an adrenalin rush as i wait in antisipation.
Then he turned and instinct pulled the trigger, a good "thud" came back and the pricket dropped after about thirty yards. The doe legged it to the wood and safety.
When Jon arrived we had a not so easy drag up a sloping, very wet field. I guess this beast weighs about 140 ish pounds. Jon also bagged one so all in all a good session was had.
For me it was a great result from a seat that at any time i could have moved away from and still seen nothing..............
006-29.jpg

basil nice result good to hear jons looking after you :D
done that quite a few times in a high seat mate .
some times stayed put sometimes moved who knows
thats stalking

regards pete .

Yep know that feeling well..
I had it the other evening whilst sitting in a high seat, actually feeling it was going to be a waste of time ..and it was !!

its nice to know that at any one time your not alone with your thoughts and other stalkers are feeling the same as you at that same moment .sitting there trying to think positive thoughts or reverse psychology the sh+t that you think to will deer to play ball when your ten ft up a tree lol .

Fallow

Basil glad you enjoyed yourself but the next time you shoot one in a swamp you can drag the damn thing out yourself just kidding mate well done and you also got to christen your new camera which you got for your soon to be 50th birthday.

Sorry i hope i havent let the cat out the bag old timer :D :lol::lol:

Basil glad you enjoyed yourself but the next time you shoot one in a swamp you can drag the damn thing out yourself just kidding mate well done and you also got to christen your new camera which you got for your soon to be 50th birthday.

Sorry i hope i havent let the cat out the bag old timer :D :lol::lol:

As you said, The ones you work for are the ones you remember.
If i`d have had to drag it out myself i would still be there now!! :rofl:
Hopefully the camera will get used again next time.
basil.

Back