Thread: Jelen Deer Services - DSC Level 1 (25th - 27th February)

Jelen Deer Services - DSC Level 1 (25th - 27th February)

Hi guys,

I would just like to say a huge thank you to all our DSCL1 candidates, all of whom performed admirably in - once again - terrible weather conditions.

I would also like to say a huge thank you to Offroad Gary, and Milly for their very kind help to those who needed a rifle. It was very much appreciated by us and, the candidates concerned.

Finally, on behalf of the Jelen Deer Services Instructor Team, I would like to thank Chris Brooks (BASC Deer Officer), our assessor for the 14 DSCL1 candidates, who spent a long day out in the Hampshire rain and wind.

Best regards,

(Director - Jelen Deer Services) Jelen Home Page - Jelen Deer Services

Hi Mike, a big thank you to you, Dave, Simon, Donovan, Chris and every one who helped to make it such an enjoyable time. Great experience and would point any one interested in doing DSC1 in the direction of Jelen. Well structured learning material and great pre course support.

Just one thing....about that sunny weather you had payed the "Big Man upstairs" for. I think you ought to demand a refund from him after the hail and rain!!!

Kind regards

Not again Mike, you can pick your weekends can't you!!!!!
    I think its a special extra wet rain you've got there in Stockbridge aswell!!!!!!

Glad to hear all went well anyway, it makes it that much more special when you pass, knowing that it wasn't a walk in the park.

All the best,

I'd also like to thank Mike and the team for an extremely well run and happy course. Fortunately Milly and I had practised the markmanship beforehand in rotten weather so it felt just like normal!
    The only part I really didn't enjoy was the seated position shooting with sticks - I can't seem to get a good stable position whatever I do. I suppose it's the usual answer practise, practise..

Thoroughly recommend this course to anyone interested in getting a damn good grounding in a vast subject.

Hey Mike, Dave and the rest of the team
    I just want to say a big thanks to you all. The pre course support was outstanding and the way you guys settled the nerves was great. I learnt a huge amount and met some great people. To all the rest of you guys that where on the course it was great to meet you guys and let's try stay in touch.
    I must also say a very big thanks to Chris Brooks. Your time and knowledge was much appreciated. Now we await the results so hold thumbs all.

Good shooting

Hi all,

Team Jelen - I'd like to mirror all the comments above, thanks for a great weekend - the level of support both before and during the course sets you guys apart and gave me plenty of confidence going into the assessments.

Great to meet you all as well guys - Mike/Donovan I just checked out that famous video!!

The only downside of the weekend was that I was dead set on getting a .243 for my first centrefire...but I'm now leaning towards a 25-06!

Take it easy fellas

Thanks for all the kind remarks guys it was a pleasure to meet you all sorry about the weather.
    Im sure most of you will go on to enjoy a successfull life deer stalking
    Regards Dave ( Jelen deer services )

It's good to see that the Jelen boys maintain their usual high standards on the DSC courses. Well done guys.

i've got my number!

Well done Gary. Mine was in this mornings post