YDS on the BBC.

www.yorkshireroestalking.

Distinguished Member
Inside out, march 7th 7.30 pm Local bbc1.
or bbci and sky bbc1 east.
Saw the clip on tonights to say it was on next week and had an email from them to confirm.
Hope its ok and hes been kind with the edit.
I am not allowed to see it before airing and turned the offer of filming down twice until they said they would record a programme about the deer numbers in yorkshire with or without my input.
So i eventually agreed.
The angle they wanted to cover was nothing to do with if deer should be killed but if it was right for sportsmen to pay to do it.
I think me and the client(smullery) put up a good case but its all in the edit.
We will have to wait and see.

iPlayer Link: BBC iPlayer - Inside Out Yorkshire and Lincolnshire: 07/03/2011

Last edited by a moderator:
did you get a "good shot - reload" in there for us?

We never shot 1 with the client .... thick fog and a very noisy camera man, so we got the interviews done.
Later that week I took jamie armed with his own hd camera and shot a doe myself, a perfect heart shot at 200m's off the sticks (i had a little bit of a nip on I'll tell you) (she ran 3 paces and fell dead)
He filmed me rather than the deer, I think I said "shes gone down it was A GOOD SHOT" and reloaded. LOL.

Not allowed to see it before airing ??? I have no doubt you have put an excellant case forward,we will see what they have done with it,can't wait.

nice one looking forward to seeing that. next time dont hog all the lime light get one from my seat:D i could maybe do some some stickers to go on the side of them.see you soon ,wayne

Guys,

Remember, John put 12 hours into this on the day to get the few minutes that will show. Programme format is for three articles so, in a 30 minute prog. I would expect an 8 minute slot on John as a Pro Stalker. Allowing for "balance", three opinions on this, you're looking at 2 - 3 minutes.

Don't get too excited.

Stan

John why didn't you let Mal get in on the act he would of told them in his own words how things are done:rofl:

Good luck, i hope it turns out well, you are a braver man than me.
I had lots of e-mails/phone calls when the so called 'emporer' was shot from the media.
I once was part of a fly fishing program shown on national tv promoting the holiday industry in Devon, you wouldn't believe what went on to produce the effect they wanted, height of summer, river showing its bones, and we were supposed to catch sea trout in the day! (they are only fished for at night normally) so when we obviously didn't succeed its back to the freezer, take out 2 sea trout, heaters on full blast and fish on the car dashboard driving around the lanes of Devon, after a while they filmed us walking out of the river congratulating us on our catch of fresh run sea trout!
Sorry went off subject a little!
Cheers
Richard

Looking forward to this John. Hopefully I can get "Up't North" or whatever its called on Midlands telly. Think it'll be on statelite somewhere.

Cheers,

Bob

Deer oh DEAR

BBC 1 Yorkshire Inside out I guess on Iplayer soon

190m shot off twin sticks with a trees as the only backstop :eek:

Here we go, I wondered how long.
The deer shot was out in the field with the beat field as the backstop then the tree line.
It was shot off sticks at 190m's within my abilities a (perfect heart shot I might add), and stood off the sticks only made the backstop better.
Always 1 with loads to say who wasn't there and looking a slight camera angles.

Back