White Crow

Cam-S94

Well I am sorry that this isn't a stalking related thread but I have been looking at the forum an awful lot lately and figured I need to start contributing.
Anyway, attached is a picture of a white crow that my dad shot out of a brood of 5 when he was just 16. The taxidermist gave it red eyes however when alive it had blue. The crow was pure white when shot and just looks a little sandy now due to 30 years of dust. We are planning on having it cleaned and putting it in a case. I hope you like it.

crow resized.jpg

As I said I am sorry it isn't stalking related but have put something up that should be of interest to many of you regardless of whether you shotgun shoot or not. Hopefully I will soon be able to do a writeup of my first deer.
Cheers, Cameron.

Well I am sorry that this isn't a stalking related thread but I have been looking at the forum an awful lot lately and figured I need to start contributing.
Anyway, attached is a picture of a white crow that my dad shot out of a brood of 5 when he was just 16. The taxidermist gave it red eyes however when alive it had blue. The crow was pure white when shot and just looks a little sandy now due to 30 years of dust. We are planning on having it cleaned and putting it in a case. I hope you like it.

View attachment 5218

As I said I am sorry it isn't stalking related but have put something up that should be of interest to many of you regardless of whether you shotgun shoot or not. Hopefully I will soon be able to do a writeup of my first deer.
Cheers, Cameron.

Where was it shot?

The White Craws O' Carnwath don't have white beaks, that I've ever seen, but they are quite famous... so much so that the long established inhabitants of Carnwath are also known as White Craws (by those in the know)

thanks for sharing, first I have ever seen of a white crow! all the best, Mo

It is a pity the taxidermist saw fit to replace the eyes with a different colour.
Had it had pink/red eyes originally it would have been an albino but with blue eyes I suppose it was a recessive mutant.
We have a white Roe-deer not too far away from here, being a doe there is a good chance that it is an albino.

HWH.

Thank you, never seen anything like that, few crows with the odd white feather but thats something else

Hi Cameron,

I saw i white rook last year round about June, it was flying with a big flock ( i do have a couple of long distance pics of it but i am NOT posting them after the ribbing Centralbelt Frank got, as in the photo it could be a tesco bag in among a flock of rooks)
It was getting mobbed occasionally by the normal coloured rooks and i never saw it again, so maybe the other rooks killed it.
The taxidermy looks good it should clean up fine and the eyes could be changed, but maybe you want to keep them like that if it's been like that for thirty years.

Tamus, is that the same Carnwath next to Biggar as the one i saw, as the crow flys - couldn't resist it :lol: - was about 5 miles away.
Have never heard of the White Craws of Carnwath, but will be asking a couple of keepers around there about them.

Moose

Tamus, is that the same Carnwath next to Biggar as the one i saw, as the crow flys - couldn't resist it :lol: - was about 5 miles away.
Have never heard of the White Craws of Carnwath, but will be asking a couple of keepers around there about them.

Moose

Aye, the very same.

Actually, it's rare to see a very white crow, they're usually only partially marked.

Last edited:
Back