Thread: Thank you

Thank you

I would like to tell you that there a some very kind people out there still and here is 1.

Thank you MAX of the site as he invited me without knowing me to have ago for a CWD ,he did not know that i have shot the other 5 species but not the cwd so i was going to jump at the chance . I was stalking at thetford and nothing was showing so i jumped in the car and went to see MAX, we had a cup of tea and took the dogs for a walk then we went to have a look for a cwd.

I had no idea what i was looking for until we saw 1 walk through a hedge about 120 yards away and it was in perfect shooting position standing broad side on but then it layed down watching me . I laid with reticle ready for it to stand but i did not so i went with sticks and stalked up the hedge to it.

I got to about 70-80 yards i rest on the sticks ready and gave it a whistle , well i have never seen a deer get up and gone so quick all i saw was what looked like a fat wobbly arse going away.
    To tell the truth i was happy to see 1 and stalk 1 but we went onto another area where there was 1 about 80 yards in a field so i poked my rifle under the hedge and i saw through the scope was a puff of hair behind it so all was good.
    I had got my chinese water deer and christened my new rifle and shot the last species of uk deer all in one.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cwd1.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	3.8 KB 
ID:	5243

Thank you MAX your a gentleman.

Well done to you both! I look forward to having a crack at a CWD one day

You are a generous chap MAX its nice to see, doesnt happen to often these days.

you are a generous chap max good to know people will often share there good fortune with others .right enough bum licking form a orderly line behind me if you want to shoot cwd with max lol

Distinguished Member tartinjock's Avatar
    Nairn, Inverness-shire
    Well done to you both, a generous man indeed. Well done Chris on getting your "Chink".

Position and hold must be firm enough to support the firearm
    The firearm must point naturally at the target without any undue physical effort
    Sight alignment (aiming) must be correct
    The shot must be released and followed through without disturbing the position

well done mate your just like a cat you always land on ya feet !!!!!

MAX.....I havent shot a CWD either!!
    There is a place on this planet for all of God's creatures, right next to my tatties and gravy!!!

Do you do sika too MaxGood on you mate for sharing .

Another good deed by good members, showing good friendship, with a good result. Well done Max, and congratulations Chris.

Thanks all for your kind words.

As Chris said, Thetford did not go well for him so I had to help him out now didn't I

Dan. I will see what I can do next season

foxdropper. I wish but no longer in our area. FC recon they shot them out of Thetford 10 + years ago