Aberdeen City Council Deer Cull

You would think SNH would have learnt the lesson from Mar Lodge and the NTS fiasco that occured there- fencing the only answer

I hope its not anouther whisky bond disaster again from the DCS/SNH Lads they really do need to learn to deal with things in a discreat manner. But i am sure even they will not get the cull started now till oct and the paper is correct while hitting a place ahdr to get numbers down is a start an on going deer managment plan need to be put in place.Animal rights will have them hung drawn and quarterd should they start emptying twins out of Roe Deer in March and April . PS who pays for the cull.

This is only part of the story; typical bunny huggers whinge.
In the Press & Journal the latest is that the Council have asked for a donation of £250,000 from the bunny huggers to buy covers to protect the trees. Nice move. The council have given them 10 weeks to come up with the loot.
The bunny huggers are looking for a £1 off every one living in Aberdeen.
Apparently the council have a person working for the council that is going to do this proposed cull.
Anyone who knows this area and this hill in particular, will know that you get every type of low life up there as well as the usual dogwalkers, joggers etc. Personally I would not like to stalk up there if its not used needles then its dog crap you would be crawling through.
regards
Alan

This is only part of the story; typical bunny huggers whinge.
In the Press & Journal the latest is that the Council have asked for a donation of £250,000 from the bunny huggers to buy covers to protect the trees. Nice move. The council have given them 10 weeks to come up with the loot.
The bunny huggers are looking for a £1 off every one living in Aberdeen.
Apparently the council have a person working for the council that is going to do this proposed cull.
Anyone who knows this area and this hill in particular, will know that you get every type of low life up there as well as the usual dogwalkers, joggers etc. Personally I would not like to stalk up there if its not used needles then its dog crap you would be crawling through.
regards
Alan

If the highlighted text is true? Christ watch out Aberdeen council you are for it!! Certainly hope that the selection for the controller was done transparently....:D If not then I'd suggest your baws are gona to be well and truely sqeezed :eek:...

Jamba you are so right now would it not have been beter to use this person or any other that was experienced in the art of deer removal from sencitive areas to just go in and do a job. No one asks if its ok to do anytihng else at all Foxes moles rabbits on golf coarses all get removed with out any fuss why because its on a need to know basis. But after speeking to SNH htye suggested that quick fixes dont normally work .

I've no idea of the location of this area so pardon my ignorance :-|.... Fencing is unlikely to prove sucessfull in areas with high numbers of people and Shelters probably are'nt the answer either so culling may be the best route depending on surrounding deer densities and whether it can be done safely or not? It would certainly require a very experianced discreet deer controller if culling in areas like that.

Back