Google Earth

novice

As someone who spends far too long mooching about on Google Earth desperately wishing I was somewhere other than at my desk, I'm always surprised at the lack of the apparent lack of wildlife that the cameras pick up on.

Saying that, I think I've clocked my first deer on there. Group of red stags by the side of the Helmsdale to Kilphedir road (don't ask :oops:). There is high fencing surrounding the field, but bearing in mind the gate is a normal 5 bar, I'm guessing they are 'wildies'.

Can anyone shed any light on them, or anything else they have clocked on the images?

Novice

The first syndicate I was in which bordered the New Forest, I google earthed it and saw sika on the ground.

TJ

(and I blame the pair of you for my spending 5 minutes looking for them!)

I had spent 30 seconds and found the sheep, then watched an episode of Black Adder, by which time you had found them for us!

However, during those 30 seconds, I had wished that Novice linked to them in the first place!!

To add insult to injury, Novice made the post then logged out!!! I feel raped.

God help us when we get live Google Earth :scared:

That would make criminal activity rather easy, so I can't imagine such things being made available to the general public.

There's no way I can see deer on Google Earth, the coverage of my region is crap.

Just remember the general public only get things that are surplus to requirements.
Thats how we got Google Earth in the first place.
Imagine what big brother has.

Just remember the general public only get things that are surplus to requirements.
Thats how we got Google Earth in the first place.
Imagine what big brother has.

Probably a "Google Earth" with up to date images. The overhead view of our street is at least 4 years old as our house still has scaffolding round it because the roof was being done at the time.

Back