cz452 ejection problem itermitent

Looks like a vent hole to me. :rolleyes: Out of interest which gun shop advised you of this?

Sorry I may have got my terminology wrong, I have just looked through the CZ manual that was linked earlier in the thread. look on page 24 in the reciever (not the chamber) just above where the stock line finishes inline with the forward edge of the magazine. There is a small hole which I was told in the gun shop was a lubrication hole.

I understand your comments but this is behind the breech when the bolt is closed and I was advised by the gun shop that this was the purpose of the hole. It is not a gas vent as this is covered when the bolt is home.

Sorry I am new here and I did not mean to create offense.

No offense. Just concern. That is a vent hole for gasses should a case rupture. I would go back to that gunshop, take a good long, last at it, and then avoid it.~Muir

I've just had similar problems and have stripped down and cleaned the bolt, claws etc. Everywhere I could get to in fact! Even, with much trepidation, carefully smoothed a couple of burrs off one claw. Seems good so far.

I had the same problem - it's the wax on the Eley's; it get's stuck in the chamber and around and in the extractors. It was always worse in the cold as I guess the wax was harder.

I stripped the bolt and cleaned the chamber, I then lubricated the bolt.

You can either change to winchester or stick with the Eley's - I prefer eley's so just strip and clean my bolt every 6 months or so now.

old thread guys all sorted now....

was the bolt needing a strip and clean ...youtube vid shows you how...

just to be sure i give ther breech a gentle scrub as well incase of wax build up .....but that didnt make much odds ..never had owt thru it other than winchester subs ... working like new tho

paul

I had very small chip on my extractor that was causing same problem on my old CZ455. Ordered one and changed it myself. It was fine after that.

As I just wrote in the other subject:
clean the triangular blind pockets next to the chamber / bore with a tooth pick. So the extractor has space again when cocking. And go around the rim of the cartridge.
Be a bit careful that this black sticky stuff doesn't fall in trigger group.
I have learned a lot by shooting donated old / very old / weird .22LR. The Vostok with their rounded rim surface even go through ( and out again) the CZ452.

Back