cz452 ejection problem itermitent

sauer

hi peeps

my cz452 .22lr rimmy (botl action ) is 3yrs old now but lately ive noticed im getting problems with the remnoval of a spent case.....open the bolt and the case still in the rifle...now if you work it a few times sometimes it comes out occasionallyi need to prise it out. this only happens intermitently but enuff to annoy you

i have brushed the chamber only lightly to remove any crap but still happening...

any ideas what to look for?

only ever use winchester subs and usually not a problem

sauer/ paul

I had ejection/ extraction problems with my cz .22, it turned out to be worn extractor claws that cost £30 to replace at my local gusmiths.That said my 22 was a lot older than 3 years old when they needed replacing and it has had a lot of lead through it.
Another problem that can occur is the 2 square 'holes' that the extractor claws sit in at the sides of the bore in the breach get compacted with wax and goop and the claws dont spring back in and grip the rim fully.

Clean the bolt and extractors as per Muir's post above, and then carefully examine the extractors
and compare them to the photo below, if needed you can easily reshape them.
Also the chamber, give it a really good clean, the build up of lube is sticky.
View attachment 5262

Neil. :)

I had this same annoyance a couple of yrs ago, gunsmith said extractor was fine jus make sure it's clean of wax! I now give the wins a quick wipe with cloth an it removes excess wax! Neva had it happen again since!
Atb James

cheers guys

muir ive only ever really used winchester subs in it.....easiest thing to get hold of in my area and they work.....didnt do it for last 2 n bit years but lately just started.....still on same batch but my brother out with me with his bolt action anchutz and using same ammo / batch etc but never had same problem

i have been using butchs bore shine and a phosphy bronze brush just in the chamber and no more ....
could be the bolt side of thing ill try that......just intemitentant but a pain in the ass when you eject quick to re load whe yer on a rabbit and canna load coz the old brass case still in there then you get it clear and miss a perfectly good bunny!!!

cheers
for info guys
and the manual!:cool:

sauer / paul

Keep the Bore Shine and Phosphor brush out of the gun. It's not necessary. I often shoot up to 3500 rounds of .22 a month and don't ever take a brush or mop to the barrel unless I know there is some foreign matter (dust, dirt) in there. The rest of the gun I keep scrupulously clean, but the barrel and chamber gets left to it's own devices.
Your problem is definitely not in the chamber unless you are doing something to cause it like leaving cleaning fluids or oils in the chamber.

Do you clean your rifle after every outing? If so, stop!;)~Muir

hehheheee

no i never clean the bore not on a .22lr

and i was trying to be careful just to brush the chamber;)

sauer

I had some problems with my CZ, I stripped the bolt and the amount of gunk that came out was a shock...bearing in mind it was only a few months old. As Muir said, I would clean it first. Works a treat now cleaned and greased.

ok guys stripped the bolt and removed extractors and cleaned em and the recesses.....didnt appear to be too much crap in there to be honest:-|

put back together and proof will be in the poudding i guess and try it......

one thing tho......looking very closely at the extractor end profiles....as in the photo earlier in the thread.....the left hand side extractor ( looking from same angle/side as earlier thread photo) its definately more "rounded off " than the right hand side one which comes to a sharp point.....

are they meant to be as such or do i have a worn extractor perhaps?

sauer/ paul

They are supposed to look like that. It mostly provides thrust against the right hand (sharp) extractor until the ejector can kick it free. That bevel allows the ejector to push the case off to the right. If you reversed the two, they would extract but then either eject the case to the left, or leave it stuck to the bolt face. I'm well familiar with this as my Brno#1 had new extractors installed in reverse before I bought it. I needed to reverse them to have them work properly.~Muir

Last edited:
Hope it works when you test the gun, I know it can be frustrating sometimes, I had a magazine keep falling out of my CZ...after I decided to mess with it:doh:....only got it fixed when my dad had a look at it when he was visiting...turned out to be such a tiny tiny tiny sliver of wood that needed to be taken from infront of the magazine to make it fit right and the catch work again that I dont think I would have ever seen what was wrong....maybe a fresh set of eyes may help...either another shooter or someone with practical or engineering background...good luck

Had terrible problems with my 22rf savage, it wouldn't extract fired or unfired rounds, shaved lead off the bullet, all manner of things, eventually took it to my local riflesmith who removed and faced off the barrel and deepened the extractor reccess', all in all it came to £20, money well worth spent.

I had exactley the same problem in my CZ, just above the chamber is a small oiling hole, after talking to the gunshop I put a couple of drops of gun oil in the hole........Problem solved. (felt a bit silly when the guy in the shop pointed it out!)

Hope that helps.

ATB
Jonno

I had exactley the same problem in my CZ, just above the chamber is a small oiling hole, after talking to the gunshop I put a couple of drops of gun oil in the hole........Problem solved. (felt a bit silly when the guy in the shop pointed it out!)

Hope that helps.

ATB
Jonno

I beg your pardon? Where??~Muir

Sorry I may have got my terminology wrong, I have just looked through the CZ manual that was linked earlier in the thread. look on page 24 in the reciever (not the chamber) just above where the stock line finishes inline with the forward edge of the magazine. There is a small hole which I was told in the gun shop was a lubrication hole.

I understand your comments but this is behind the breech when the bolt is closed and I was advised by the gun shop that this was the purpose of the hole. It is not a gas vent as this is covered when the bolt is home.

Sorry I am new here and I did not mean to create offense.

Back