Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Whats the longest

Whats the longest

As title ,what is the longest you have ever spent in a high seat ??
    A few weeks ago I was after the little piggy wigs,arrived at the seat about 8.45pm,good wind in my face feeding station about 80yds in front and I could see it quite clearly happy days,got myself all setup ready for the onslaught.
    Ater about two hours it started to rain and it p****d down visibility was now down to about 50 yards,about 2am I thought it must ease of shortly (wrong ) it was absolutely horrendous all night,but I decided to stick it out, only saw a fox and a badger,so after being rather wet and cold and arse numbed I packed it in at 5am,so that was over 8 hours in the seat without a sighting,can't wait for the next time.

Distinguished Member tartinjock's Avatar
    Nairn, Inverness-shire
    12 hours, came down twice though......... My ass was numb that day.
    Position and hold must be firm enough to support the firearm
    The firearm must point naturally at the target without any undue physical effort
    Sight alignment (aiming) must be correct
    The shot must be released and followed through without disturbing the position

All day .................... opening day of the normal rifle season in Missouri USA.

I like sitting in a high seat after stalking to it on an evening, nice and relaxing when the weather is reasonable, my god it gets boring though when nothing shows, even if its the wrong sex/species I dont mind, nice to watch but when there is naf all hapening iv had enough after 4 hours!

about 5mins at the midland game fair....

I suffer from irritable leg syndrome, combine that with the fact that high seat shooting is incredibly boring and it makes for a very uncomfortable experience for me.
    "It's halfway down the hill, directly below that tree next to a rock that looks like a bell-end"

Good deals with ~ deako ~ sakowsm ~ dryan ~ 2734neil ~ mo ~ riggers ~ mmbeatle ~ seanct ~ an du ru fox

Never sat in one. I'd rather be hunting.~Muir

I can sit in a seat for hours at a time with no problems. But pissing from one one takes real skill it can be boreing at times but if there are plenty deer around then the feeling that you are watching something with out any disturbance is special.

ive done 8 hrs before but i dont make a habit of it !

3hr at the right time of the day does me nicely nower days !

Discretion assured
    - call us anytime, free on 0800 689 0857

please visit our web site:
    or find us on facebook
    Sponsored proudly by Pfanner, Blaser, Clark Forest, John Forsey sports

Some of what I do high seat is only option, 4 hours is my max though cant do much more

Never sat in one but sometimes sit up on hill watching over valleys or on top of a stone hedge,half hour and i'm generally bored pooless sometimes can manage an hour but that's me lot.