Ferreting.

Somerset now. I lived in Dawlish for about 25 years, parents still there. Used to ferret that area with my dad back in the 60`s/70`s.
basil.

HI,
I'm in Newton Abbot, do a lot on the edge of the moor and Exeter way.
Beat at Ashcombe occasionally.
If you fancy getting together later in year pm me and we can arrange something.

I was born in Port Road, no 7. It was a market garden back then, A.E. SLEE & SONS. It was called Duckaller Gardens. Ashcombe is just up the road. Small world!!

I`d love to get together for a ferreting session sometime, we`ll arrange something.
basil.

Hi basil

Gyr and I do a bit of ferreting in the winter. It used to be mainly to bolt the rabbits for his hawk to catch but as he has a falcon now not so much.

I do love my ferrets though. Out of all the animals we have they are my favourite and just starting to get our boys interested in it.

Took them to my sons school pet show the other week and were the most popular animals their. Proud to say we came first and second in the liveliest pet section.

Mrs Gyr

Mrs Gyr said:
Hi basil

Gyr and I do a bit of ferreting in the winter. It used to be mainly to bolt the rabbits for his hawk to catch but as he has a falcon now not so much.

I do love my ferrets though. Out of all the animals we have they are my favourite and just starting to get our boys interested in it.

Took them to my sons school pet show the other week and were the most popular animals their. Proud to say we came first and second in the liveliest pet section.

Mrs Gyr
Well done Mrs Gyr. good to hear the young ones are getting involved in the scene.
basil.

I can be found in the winter out with the ferts and shooting the odd bunny as well.......................Martin.

Mrs Gyr said:
Hi basil

Mrs Gyr

thats fantastic news lisa
in the new year when i hav a litlle more time you chas and kids are more than welcome to join myself and steve who was at the falconry fair with me, for a day ferreting and also incorporate a stalk in with the day aswell ,
chas can look after the kids and ferrets :evil:

Basil,
Small world indeed, i work in Port Rd for the Gardens Trust!
Look forward to getting together, maybe get out for a stalk as well sometime.

Tony said:
Basil,
Small world indeed, i work in Port Rd for the Gardens Trust!
Look forward to getting together, maybe get out for a stalk as well sometime.
I look forward to that Tony.
basil.

ferreting

Hi Bas, being a Teignmouth boy we didn't often pluck up courage to visit the Port Road area of Dawlish, dodgy area in the early 50s :lol: Went out with a Dawlish girl for a while so was tolerated in the area. Did a bit of shooting years ago in some of the market gardens off Port Road. I get through a lot of ferreting during the season so if you are stuck, you could always get in touch. Most of my ferreting is done in the Shaldon area now. Lots of rabbits and so far, no myxy, bet it will come though. :evil: Could need one or two beaters during the season, if anyone in the area is interested.

Back