Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: confidence in your rifle

confidence in your rifle

After buying a new rifle (browning x bolt 243) i had zero'ed it in about 2 weeks ago putting 5 round in a 1/4 inch box(happy with that) I thought yep thats good enough to take out into the field and use on quarry! I did go out for a stalk on thursday after work in the wind and drizzle i had stalked 3 roe does along a hedge with in approx 200yds, but with the wind i thought not in taking the shot!. I packet up and headed home to dry out!!! My mate steve had also aquired a x bolt in 223 but had a problem with the rings he was sold! well today he gave me a bell and asked if i wanted to go help spot for him zeroing it oh go on then i said i will be their in 5! i grabbed the 243 and we headed off to a set of linchets on his land that were crawling in bunnies after zeroing his rifle we let it cool! we knew that across the vally approx 450yds was a large warren i thought about some longer distance shooting after about 5 mins a bunnie popped his head up out of his hole had a wee look aimed bang on in the middle and THWACK!!!! he rolled about 3 feet down the hill! dead! which at 450yds made my day!!! and as the title says! enstilled my confidence in my rife.

i some times shoot bunnies with my 243 ( but i think its bit of over kill )never mind it keeps your in

yes alittle over kill! but if your shooting a dear( alittle to far) at +200yds its good to know you can easily hit the spot with no probs

Hi Speedystu,
    To hit a bunny aiming spot on at 450yds, at what distance do you have the rifle zeroed at ?
    If i tried to shoot "straight at" at that distance even with 55g rounds zeroed 1 inch high at 100yds in my rifle, i'd miss low every time?

hi tikka! its zeroed at 100meters useing 100gr sp

Quote Originally Posted by Brough View Post
    Says it all really!

Blindness to suffering is an inherent consequence of natural selection. Nature is neither kind nor cruel but fiercely indifferent.

Discretion assured - call us anytime, free on 0800 689 0857
    please visit our web site:
    or find us on facebook
    Sponsored proudly by Pfanner, Blaser, Clark Forest, John Forsey sports

Mmmmmm x 3..............

I'm Shooting them at that range with my 22lr.

No hold over either.

Rgds, Buck.

PS. ok knock the last 0 off 45 yards.
    "let him without sin cast the first stone"