Krico - 22lr Bolt Action

garyb

Guys,

We have some very knowledgeable posters on this forum, so if I may - I'd like to try and tap into some of that resource!

I've got an old German built Krico 22lr Bolt Action rifle.

The Rifle is great, and seems to shoot accurately enough for my needs with Eley subs but there are a couple of "niggles" that I'd like to try and resolve if I can with your help...

a) Misfires... 1 in say 15-20 rounds will misfire.. This occurs with 3 different types of ammo, so I'm pretty sure it's a worn pin or bolt spring

b) Trigger... The standard trigger is adjustable (sort of) but there is still a huge amount of travel, and I would ideally like it to be crisper

Now my problem is... Hardly anyone (google included) seems to know much about these rifles, let alone carry spares!

Can anyone point me in the direction of someone / someplace that would be able to assist?

I could obviously sell it, and buy a more mainstream CZ etc - but as it owes me nothing (£125) I'd like to hold onto it if I can!

Thanks

GB

Contact Krico a friend in the US has just done so when restoring one of their semi auto rifles:-

Arndt at Kreigeskorte in Germany

Was what he said. I believe your talking about a two stage trigger.

Thanks Brit...

I will do just that.

The trigger is not a set trigger in this model.

Thanks Brit...

I will do just that.

The trigger is not a set trigger in this model.

Not sett but two stage. The first is fairly light weight and long then it stops and once the pressure increases to it's break poitn the sear is then released. The Americans call it a military trigger the Lee Enfield from the ShtLe onwards had this type and mauser used it too on his rifles.

Hello garyb,both myself & one of my shooting mates use Krico .22lr we both bought them second hand and they are both very different rifles in as much the actions and barrels are not the same,i was told Krico didnt make their own .22 lr so they bought in quality actions & barrels from other german/austrian (Steyr/Anschutz ) gun makers and fitted them into their own stocks & badged them as their own rifles,but i only had this as hearsay so it may be ********:D,my mates Krico has a problem that causes a weak strike when the rifle has been cocked for a while ! but if you were target shooting i.e shot after shot the rifle works flawlessly and he has also struggled to get info on his rifle,hope this has helped,cheers,lee

I see what you mean now Brit... Just, I can't get along with it, and it dosen't seem to be as crisp as I'm use to.

Guys,

We have some very knowledgeable posters on this forum, so if I may - I'd like to try and tap into some of that resource!

I've got an old German built Krico 22lr Bolt Action rifle.

The Rifle is great, and seems to shoot accurately enough for my needs with Eley subs but there are a couple of "niggles" that I'd like to try and resolve if I can with your help...

a) Misfires... 1 in say 15-20 rounds will misfire.. This occurs with 3 different types of ammo, so I'm pretty sure it's a worn pin or bolt spring

b) Trigger... The standard trigger is adjustable (sort of) but there is still a huge amount of travel, and I would ideally like it to be crisper

Now my problem is... Hardly anyone (google included) seems to know much about these rifles, let alone carry spares!

Can anyone point me in the direction of someone / someplace that would be able to assist?

I could obviously sell it, and buy a more mainstream CZ etc - but as it owes me nothing (£125) I'd like to hold onto it if I can!

Thanks

GB

Ever pulled the bolt apart and cleaned it? In cold weather the problem of old lube is augmented and firing pin travel is severely impeded. ~Muir

Muir...

Good idea, I've got it all pulled apart and it's now currently sat in my ultrasonic cleaner.. it did look pretty "gummed" up!

Could I also stretch the spring a little?

Hmmm another missfire tonight, 1 in 6 - could of been the round, will keep another eye on it.

And another one... They never fail on the 2nd go - so it does appear to be a light strike?

Might look to stretch the spring as spares for these rifles are non existent.

a spring is a spring, bet you could match the length and diameter with any number of spring suppliers and probably even request a spring with slightly higher rate

Stretching the spring wont' fix much. A spacer that tightens the spring might be a better idea. Better yet, find a spring that will work. Put the spring in your pocket and start looking. Here we have "hardware" stores that stock odd springs. Wolf Springs here in the US sells about every kind of spring imaginable based on wire diameter and winding.

If the firing pin has a shoulder on the front end acting as a stop, you can gently, carefully, stone of a few thou allowing more of the pin to protrude a bit more from the bolt face.~Muir

measure it and google, you will be surprised how many firms sell "aftermarket" springs for bolts and actions which also turn up on eBay for obscure sewing machines or sheep shearing equipment!

Back