Sportsman centre. What a pile of pants

bri2506

Has anyone had problems with sportsman centre.
I ordered a bore guide off them on the 11 Feb and paid £5.99 for posting. Delivery within 48hrs.
They rang to say the one i wanted was out of stock and offered an alternative which i accepted.
A week later i rang up to see if there was a problem, and was told its been dispatched.
A week later i rang again and was told it hadnt been sent and they would check and ring back that was 2 days ago and no bore guide and no phone call.
I think an irrate phone call is in order tomorrow.

why is it when you order from sportman they take your money then ring you 5 days later to tell you they can not suppy it ??????????

anything i've ordered off of them has always come pretty quickly. i ordered some realtree kecks off them which were too tight round me nuts obviously no fault of theirs and when i rang them they said send them back and the would send me a bigger pair, with more ballroom and refund me the postage. as it happened i was travelling past whilst working down that way and popped in, they were very helpful and even gave me a nice laksen hat for my inconvenience!! maybe i got them on a good day or you guys got them on bad days???

Regards, Jez.

Hi i caught onto them years ago & have learnt to ask them if they have it in stock & sure they have it then order it. As said you have experienced normal sportsman gun centre tacktics.

I placed an order with them before christmas and just recived part off the order last week, well over 2 months waiting,

Wont be using them again!!!

Regards marshall

they never cease to amaze me with there crap postal service.Can order some things from the states and
recieve it with in 7to10 days.some time takes 7weeks to get from devon to somerset.
think next time i buy from them i wil stop the payment and pay 3weeks after delivery.
if they take offence to this speak to some of people i shoot with they heard nothing yet!!!
regards bob

I'm only 20 minutes from their door but they are always the call of last resort for me.

Well there you have it just normal service from them. Had the same issues soem years back over my collimeter. Have not dealt with them since that fiasco.

Ladds are almost as bad. Phoned them asking about a particular rifle make and model and they didn't have it, one chappie I spoke to had never heard of Husqvarna :rolleyes: even, they then tried to sell me another make in a different chambering :cuckoo:. I see nothing changes down there. Still cannot work out who had the rifle on their stand at the Newark show :oops: was too busy chatting to the lurcher owner. His poor dog had an awful gash all shaved and sewn up.

anything i've ordered off of them has always come pretty quickly. i ordered some realtree kecks off them which were too tight round me nuts obviously no fault of theirs and when i rang them they said send them back and the would send me a bigger pair, with more ballroom and refund me the postage. as it happened i was travelling past whilst working down that way and popped in, they were very helpful and even gave me a nice laksen hat for my inconvenience!! maybe i got them on a good day or you guys got them on bad days???

Regards, Jez.

I have had good service from them as well. On 2 separate orders; 2 deerhunter hats and then a pair of deerhunter trousers. 1 of the hats were out of stock (they phoned me) 1 came in a few days and the other about a week later, also the trousers arrived promptly.

Maybe their clothing department is good but the rest isn't.

another poor experience here. It was 'only' a reloading manual but if they cant sort the simple bits then im buggered if im giving them any more money!!!

How on earth these firms manage to stay in business with service like this is beyond belief?

I am a bit of a tight git, and most of my stalking related purchases are secondhand from this site and the BBS, never had a problem so far :thumb:

ATB

Tom

Thomas you ask a good question but like the major importers Edgars Bros and GMK they have a captive market so that's how they survive. The Sportsman is also buying into other shops so they can spread their service culture. They have brought into a gunshop not far from me. I never liked them before this and try never to go there now.

Phoned them at 12.00 today and everyone was on dinner, they took my number and said some one would phone straight back after dinner. [ Fair enough ]
Just got home from work, no bore guide waiting and no phone call.
Rings them back and manages to get through to some one that doesnt speak ****.
He said we havent got any and wont have for another two weeks, and nothing has been dispatched.
So im getting a refund.
I think there needs to be a few P45 s handed out.
Excuse me but what a " SHOWER OF ****"

try scots country castle douglas , placed order 9am mon received coat 9.30 am tue free del as i purchased from them before super service nice people .that was at least 400 mile trip to my doorstep :lol:

Always had good service from them, in the passed Gary has even sent up guns to my local RFD for me just to have a look at.

Now if you want to talk about crap service I ordered and paid for two pairs of Harkila Pro Hunter trousers from decoying.co.uk 3 months ago still waiting

try scots country castle douglas , placed order 9am mon received coat 9.30 am tue free del as i purchased from them before super service nice people .that was at least 400 mile trip to my doorstep :lol:

I've had similar service from Scott Country, I can't work out how they delivered the item in the time, if they had put it in a taxi as soon as they put the phone down it would have been tight! JC

I generally treat the Sportsman as the Aldi of the gun world. Lot's on show but sod all customer service or knowledge from most of the staff.

Also take note that the price advertised on the web, it won't always match what is on the tag in the shop. If you're going in for one of the offers it might be worth taking a print out of the web page. I got my boots about £45 cheaper than I would if I had just walked in by quoting the web price!

Back