Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Spread the cost of BASC membership

Spread the cost of BASC membership

Dear All,

From now on you will be able to spread the cost of your BASC membership subscription if you pay by DD.

You can opt for 4 quarter or 10 monthly payments, but there is a small charge of 50p per transaction.
    This applies of course to new and renewing members. We hope that this will help.

Best wishes

David sure it would help but it also makes it quite clear that the membership is too expensive. An ex member.

Too expensive? Not when you look at all that BASC does to try and keep shooting safe in my view, political and media campaigns etc have to be funded.
    But of course there are cheap alternatives out there, so there is plenty of choice if BASC is not for you.
    But for those who do want to support BASC there is now greater flexibility when it comes to pay the sub.

My regards

I think the flexible payments can only be a good thing, shame about the niggling surcharge - can people not use BACS or standing order to regularly pay BASC in the same way for free instead?

And I know BASC does get some bashing on some forums, but I also know of all the hard work and effort they put in.

As Jack Dee once said regarding a recent minor increase in the price of postage stamps "if you can do a better job for less...try it!"

Many companies give a discount for monthly direct debit. You'd think they could divide the total by 12 and take it every month. Must be good for their cashflow too.

I have been a member of BASC for 25yrs and have seen a dramatic increase in prices,and to ask for another 50p per transaction I think is a bloody cheek.

We will always look at making payments as easy as possible, and it may well be that other options will come on line if there is a customer demand for it - after all we are a membership organisation run by members!

Of course if you dont want to pay the 50p per transaction then stick to single payments asthere is no extra charge for them

Best wishes

i think its a great idea it will help allot of people out!!..and lets face it .50p over say 10 payments is nowt these days,not even a gallon of diesel

It's only 5.50 a month ffs....

How much is a packet of fags these days?
    "It's halfway down the hill, directly below that tree next to a rock that looks like a bell-end"

Good deals with ~ deako ~ sakowsm ~ dryan ~ 2734neil ~ mo ~ riggers ~ mmbeatle ~ seanct ~ an du ru fox

I have been with BASC for some time but come renual time I shall be moving to the BDS, better value for money all round what with activity days, larder events, dogs for deer and a good insurance policy for a few quid extra per year.