410 gauge

daniel paydar

Hi
which kind of games are hunted with 410 gauge in UK?
Are 410 gauge rifled slugs are legal for hunting?
ATB
daniel

I have shot Rabbits with a 410, and I know of someone that shoots Driven Pheasants with one, as for the slugs, I have no experience with them but someone probably uses them

Brian

I have had a little B/A 410 in the cupboard for years, can't remember the last time I used it, it's been so long!! Used to shoot a lot of rabbits with my old terrier (RIP) flushing them out of the brambles for me. It also saw plenty of action when I used to ferret too!!

Never tried slugs in it :idea:

ATB

Tom

In my youth, I account'd for many a rabbit and rat, with a Norica 3 shot Bolt Action I had. GREAT :D

Not so sure about the legalities though.

Most 410's are tightly choked, which i think is a no! no! with regards to slugs. :scared:

Rgds, Buck.

i get rather decent accuracy with federal 1/4 ounnce and win and rem 1/5 ounce slugs! usually between 2 to 4inches and 4 shot @40 yards!!maybe because of the rifle sight on my 6:eek:

Useful guns for shooting birds perched in trees [less debris back than with the 12G!]. Excellent and very safe for humane dispatch. I've shot a few rabbits, pigeon and rats too.

Know a bloke with a SBS .410 he uses as a partridge gun. Youngsters often start shooting game with them, they are just at such a disadvantage with the low pellet count.

Have no experience with slugs and the .410, metaldehyde is cheaper than the cartridges. ;)

I have a side by side 410 by Jeffrey. I happily use for shooting game and phaesants are just as dead as with a 12. Ok more difficult to hit with, as tighter pattern, and possibly a few yards less range, but lovely to use and carry.

Back