Thread: Insurance

Has anybody used this company? are they any good?

Distinguished Member tartinjock's Avatar
    Nairn, Inverness-shire
    If all you need/want is 3rd party liability then then they will do the job. The H4H Stalking that was set up by a DMG get the soldiers to use this insurance company.

Position and hold must be firm enough to support the firearm
    The firearm must point naturally at the target without any undue physical effort
    Sight alignment (aiming) must be correct
    The shot must be released and followed through without disturbing the position

Having just had a quick squiz at the policy schedule it appears to be good cover and not a policy of last resort as some are claimed to be. I think they might have a customer in about 9 months time!

Blindness to suffering is an inherent consequence of natural selection. Nature is neither kind nor cruel but fiercely indifferent.

I was a member of BASC but I cant understand why they are so expensive,my equipment is covered by my house insurance, infact I have third party cover too as I am with NFU for my house. Just thought of getting this for belt n braces as such or incase I ever change my house insurance. I know BASC do a legal advice service but to be honest when ever I have called I pretty much knew the answers anyway, most things can be found on the net or in books these days.

Looks to be fair coveridge, I think I'll be changing from BASC when my renewal comes up in April/May, if it's good enough for the armed forces it'll do I.

Yawn,, but Basc are not just about insurance.

I know there a business too

Insurance co's exist to make proffits for the company and their shareholders. Thats all. They do not exist to help protect your rights to go shooting

Not sure what this insurance company does to lobby for better firearms legislation, did not see then trying to help shooting when the Cumbria disaster unfolded, did not see them negotiating the terms of the open general licence, cant see any evidence of them helping shooters secure shooting rights, can't remember them being mentioned in any of the 50 government body consultations that could have had an impact on shooting in 2010, did not see them giving evidence on your behalf to the HASC and so on...and read the policy wording - page 3, section 2i cover does not apply if the liability is already covered under any other policy...

But if you have no other insurance at all, and you don't want to help associations fight for your shooting rigths then I guess its an option for you.