No Charge, What Card Did He Play

widows son

charges for Cole over air gun
N0401801299750483989A.jpg

10 March 2011 09:59am Football star Ashley Cole will escape prosecution for shooting a work placement student with an air gun at Chelsea FC's training ground.
Police sources said officers were "highly unlikely" to pursue investigations any further after contacting the Premier League club.
Tom Cowan, 21, was accidentally hit by a pellet from a .22 air gun brought into the training ground by Cole on February 20.
But the sports science student has no plans to press charges against the ex-husband of X Factor judge Cheryl.
The decision comes after Chelsea boss Carlo Ancelotti angrily hit out at calls for Cole to be disciplined, adding: "What do we have to do now - kill him?"
Surrey Police received no formal complaints despite Cole breaking club rules which ban weapons from Chelsea's training ground.
Mr Cowan, who is on a one-year work placement at Chelsea, was hit in the side by a lead pellet at the training ground in Cobham. Chelsea's medical staff reportedly treated the bleeding wound and he did not require hospital treatment.
The club vowed to take "appropriate action".
It is not the first time 30-year-old Cole's behaviour has landed him in trouble, with the left-back going through a rocky split from his ex-wife amid claims that he had been unfaithful.
He was also investigated by club officials after allegations arising from a pre-season US tour in 2009.
© The Press Association

I just dont know the answer to this, so maybe someone can shed some light ,whats the difference between a football player with pockets of money armed with a weapon and joe bloggs ?????

surely this does need to be defined.

I am at a loss, if it were you or I, and we had harmed an individual in a similar fashion, to Mr.Cole, then we would without doubt, have the police on our tail,so why not our Mr.Cole.

Someone from the big organisations of BASC or NGO needs to clarify this situation, or has Mr.Cole set a precedent for future claims

Shocking, I bet the lad was heavily compensated.
It just proves that if you have sufficient money you are above the law!

All the guys here who have never in their lives did anything stupid should just get together a form a lynch mob.

You could then hang anyone who transgresses your idea of apprpriate behaviour, whether that relates to deer stalking or not......

There seems to be a definite holier than thou flavour developing around here which is getting pretty fecking tedious.

whats the difference between a football player with pockets of money armed with a weapon and joe bloggs ?????

Seriously???

You have answered your own question you know.

As to what actually happened... clearly, we will probably never know... for sure.

I shot my mate in the hand with an air rifle when i was young glad you lot were not on the jury :lol: Any way he kept moving the target and i told him not to but you guest it he did. 11stiches and the pellet was ou of his pinky.:lol:

All the guys here who have never in their lives did anything stupid should just get together a form a lynch mob.

You could then hang anyone who transgresses your idea of apprpriate behaviour, whether that relates to deer stalking or not......

There seems to be a definite holier than thou flavour developing around here which is getting pretty fecking tedious.
Well said Claret Dabbler and i bet he never checked his backstop either if all you holy joes were out somewhere with a bunch of mates and somebody was messing about with an airgun and you got shot up the arris, stings a bit, would you then call the police? Where i grew up you soon wouldn't have any mates and probably no windows in your house either.What a namby panby world we now live in. Geordie

I kept quiet because I reckoned I might be the only one who thought like that.

You're spot on Brian and well said.

atb~Tom

He must have played his CHANCE CARD.

get-out-of-jail-free-card.jpg

All kid'n aside you see this kind of thing all to often, SOMEBODY GOT A BACK HANDER !!!!!!!!

Different rule book if your wealthy, as for the average Joe, he get's lynched.

SO CHAPS I'M OPEN TO OFFERS FOR MY GET OUT OF JAIL CARD. :rofl:

Rgds, Buck.

If the boy concerned never complained to the Police then they are a bit like us, they have no evidence, were not there and are therefore unable to say what went on, so who are we to judge?

It's life, it happens so move on,

John

Undertones of "moral judgement"..........becoming "tedious"............

Really ? Cant say I'd ever noticed !!!! :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

I agree wholeheartedly with Brian and Tamus, but I will say this for myself -

As somebody, who in this respect, can speak from painful unjustified peronal experience. I will say this once .

Irrespective of my now resolved issues (and they ARE), there is an undercurrent of moral one-upmanship developing which I find distasteful.

This is a STALKING site, NOT the HIGH COURT !!!!! No, I correct myself. The High Court make decisions based upon prosecution AND defence evidence.

'MOST' ON HERE KNOW THIS !. SOME individuals seem to be more concerned with raising their own kudos by gaining favour, this favour with whome ever it is they feel they need to asociate themselves with to be "ACCEPTED".

Be accepted for who YOU are, NOT for whome you allege somebody ELSE is !

IT SAYS SOMETHING ABOUT YOU

ATB to you ALL

Ade

Last edited:
I've been shot three times in my life, each time by someone I either knew very well or counted as a friend, each time was an accident.
Doubtless I could have claimed something in the way of compensation, and in the last case would have succeeded, many said I should have, but they were accidents and by people I knew. I come from a time where you don't rush off to make something out of anothers innocent mistake, they felt bad enough as it was. Too much litigation goes on in my opinion. Get on with life, sh1t happens;.................................Got a few pints out of it though!!

More damage has been done to the general public's perception of sporting arms, than was done in actual bodily harm, the mere fact it made it into the light of day was enough.

Back