Thread: Opti-lock Mounts

Opti-lock Mounts

As far as I can tell,the only benefit to me having opti-lock mounts is to the guy in the gun shop who got 100 off me when he said I'd need a pair.
    You can get good second hand rifles for <500!
    Now that I think about it, Leupold mounts are 30, & Sportsmatch are even less. So I don't think I'll bother forking out next time!

You were luckly I got charged for having them fitted, 25! I won't make that mistake again and that gun shop owner will not be seeing anymore of my money.

I do like the Optiloks though.

The RASCAL gunsmith. I got mine fitted & bore sighted a couple of times until I was happy with the height.
    Should have splashed out the whole bank balance & got the stainless models, as having to wipe down the blued models when you come in from it being damp, is avoidable at a price! Aluminium mounts next time. Must keep the weight down!!

I got the stainless steel Opti-loks very nice, but yes he was a naughty fellow charging me that much. But as I spend at least 500 a year in his shop and will now be spending 0.00 a year, the jokes on him.

Funny lot gun shop owners

As the mounts cost three times as much, I would expect the groups to be a third of the size they would be with Leupold mounts!