Gun Room

375 mag

Hello

Any of you converted a spare room into a gun room so you can have your guns on the wall instead of in metal boxes !!! just toying with the idea so whats my chances

375 Mag

I would say if you have the right alarm system fitted and make the room secure with the right spec door and bar the window and board the loft out right if up stairs then it should not be much bother but get intouch with the police 1st and see what would be passable by them.

Here's another alternative at a minor cost of 6k it's a real beauty.

resize-fixed-big.asp

Available from THE BESPOKE FURNITURE COMPANY.

Unfortunatley beyond my reach, but I can always DREAM eh!!!!!!!!!

Rgds, Buck.

Last edited:
Solid walls, no studding, and block access entry through the ceiling. New door frame and reinforced door with suitable locks should do it. Oh don't forget the floor if upstairs as you don't want them coming in from below. The plods will still want to see them in cabinets as they have a tin box mentality.

Mate of mine has a room on the ground floor no window block walls all round fire check door and frame security grade locks with thrust bolts,high tensile re mesh in ceiling,intruder alarm to house no problems getting it passed but:!: cost.

We have a gunroom with a window and glass fronted cabinets but the windows have to be barred, the ceiling is 1ft thick reinforced concrete, vibration sensors on door and window bars plus motion sensors inside. Redcare line that calls direct to the police and me if there is a tamper. It is a kot more than the 6k cabinet above so I'd go with that if you just want to see your guns displayed nicely!

I have one but it's for space, not for display. My gunroom is hidden behind a wall with the door invisible to casual scrutiny. In this room the rifles are stacked three deep along the walls and handguns hang on hooks placed in pegboard.~Muir

I have one but it's for space, not for display. My gunroom is hidden behind a wall with the door invisible to casual scrutiny. In this room the rifles are stacked three deep along the walls and handguns hang on hooks placed in pegboard.~Muir

Muir by the sound of things the Laws are not as Strict over there as they are HERE.

Think the only Handguns we get are for Humane Dispatch.

Rgds, Buck.

Last edited:
We built a gun room in a new build a few years a go it was on the 1st floor with a concreate block and beam floor, block external walls in 4" solids (7n) cavity then sandstone faced to the out side, and the internal block work was 6" solid concreate block .The block courses had expanding metal mesh in every second course, the ceiling was block and beam as well, there was a window that was fitted with solid 18mm thick glass with a roller shutter on the inside there was a false door to the entry point to match the rest of the House then a safe style steel door for access . Under floor heating and also a sink. The room was then lined out in oak paneling with fitted racks and draws this alone cost in exess of £40,000 we thought! back then
The owner of the house was minted by the way and had a pair of new H&H shotguns cost then was £145,000.00 for the pair as well as the rest of his guns
He also had other guns that we lesser mortals are not allowed to own by our goverment as well (Ex Army) and no he was not in the sas ,That i know .

He was good to work for but still wanted a bit of the bill!!!

Bob

Last edited:
Uncle Buck read it again with your glasses on me thinks your missing an E somewhere.:eek:

Dawnraider you've lost me the original had an "E" it must be the BRAIL wearing off my keyboard,

could'nt find my glasses step'd on them last week sorry .:rofl: could you point me in the right (HUMANE) direction.

SORRY GUYS BUCK.

Dawnraider you've lost me the original had an "E" it must be the BRAIL wearing off my keyboard,

could'nt find my glasses step'd on them last week sorry .:rofl: could you point me in the right (HUMANE) direction.

SORRY GUYS BUCK.
Perhaps one of the care workers could give you a helping hand next time old boy.:old::stir:

Some of my handguns are for Human Dispatch. Most are for sporting and hunting purposes though. Yes, the laws are not as... stringent?..... here as in the UK. My gunroom would cause your local PD to have a stroke. I have two safes as well, but they are for guns in use...the ones I shoot on a regular basis.~Muir

Sounds like a costly option then, i'll probably stick to my cabinets but i may still ask the question when my renewals up later this year i may get a suprise !!!!!

Back