Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: realistically

How many trip out to the field, wether rabbit, deer, pigeon , fox etc etc , do you get in a week / month/ year ?

Some lads have 1000's of threads , posts etc..& I see a lot of general 'glib tripe' on several sites from chaps that talk the talk, but how many actually do the do ?

I try to get out at least twice a week. Mainly bunny bashing with the lamp this time of year. So some crows with the shotgun when nights lighter. Only done 1 paid stalk, but have another booked. Done a little invited game shooting, few times a year. On the clays [if that counts] about every fortnight.

Out to deer on average about 8 times a week
    Foxes/rabbits 3 times a week
    All weather dependant,could be more than that,could be less if snow on go

Discretion assured - call us anytime, free on 0800 689 0857
    please visit our web site:
    or find us on facebook
    Sponsored proudly by Pfanner, Blaser, Clark Forest, John Forsey sports

I try to go out for deer once a week work dependent

Real Life

I try to get out on deer at least twice a month and do one session on the range or out pigeon shooting. During the summer months I will add to this by shooting various competitions at Bisley.
    Unfortunately, my shift pattern of 4 on, 4 off has not translated to 4 days work, 4 days shooting
    You can't say muntjac without saying, Mmmmmm.

provided I am not overseas with work I will be out at least 150 times per year.

In all but the severest winter months I go about 5 times a week.~Muir

Generally shoot about twice a week. A night's lamping or an evening deer stalking pretty much every week, plus a couple of hours range time most Sundays.

June to September, might go lamping two or three times a week.

I am self employed and work from home, so that helps alot. Also means there is no one looking over my shoulder when I am wasting time on this site...

Just because you are paranoid, doesn't mean they aren't out to get you......

No were near as many times as I would like!!!!

Once every 2 weeks for Fox & Rabbits, twice a month for deer with a spot of roost shooting thrown in for good measure on the weekends Jayne decides we don't have to worry about house, garden, family etc!
    Life should be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving skidding in sideways, Merlot in one hand, Cigar in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOO HOO what a ride!