Thread: Lamps

I stalk with a light force lamp, the smaller of the two they make. Are there any new kids on the block that are better them ?

I use a striker 170 for spotting foxes from the jeep and I use a scope mounted cluson sl2 on the gun.

I don`t think there are any lamps that will put out a better beam than the lightforce It`s just a pity they are very poorly put together

The cluson put`s out a decent beam and the build quality Is excellent.

People often comment on the poor wiring on the three Lightforce lamps, I have to say that I have never had any bother with mine. I have a 170 handheld and a 140 scope mounted. The bigger 'blitz' I do not have but a friend has one roof mounted, again, never had any bother with them.

Must admit I had problems with mine and with Lightforces dire customer services, even to the extent I soke to a director at the company whos attitude was indeed....DIRE. In the end I sorte the wirinf myself. The other problem I found was the cable getting int the way but I now use a Safari sling and attatch it to an extra stud I put really far back on the stock, that way nothing fouls when I place the rifle on the sticks, also makes the rifle balance better when the lamp on it.

Malmo gun near lancaster were telling me they are getting in a direct copy of the lightforce lamps in all the sizes, at a fraction of the price the filters from the lightforce will fit them and the car kit will fit aslo. I will ask when i'm next in.

You must be the only lightforce owner who has not had to rewire his/hers lamp. Good lamp crap wiring and switches, all but completly re wired mine.

Agreed,had problems with the plug on my striker 170 and the switch is playing up now, needs sorting before i'm left in the dark.

can i ask do you use a filter on it ? as the red filters really cut the beam down on them

amber filters do it for me

Anyone tried a scope mounted lamp on a .338 Lapua Mag for foxing, with 240g Ballistic Tips and top end of the scale powder charge Do they stick, or do the bulbs blow on recoil