Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: taste

Has anyone got any opinions on what tastes the best?

Roe,Red or Sika?

Regards, Dan.

"It's halfway down the hill, directly below that tree next to a rock that looks like a bell-end"

Good deals with ~ deako ~ sakowsm ~ dryan ~ 2734neil ~ mo ~ riggers ~ mmbeatle ~ seanct ~ an du ru fox

Red, according to a couple of grateful recipients of the Devon hind I butchered 2 weeks ago. Having had a couple of steaks myself last night I'm in agreement - so tender that I could have cut it with the handle of the knife!

sorry boys - - you've got it all wrong - - a nice young Roe cooked to perfection is best of all ! (and of course liver to die for)

Quote Originally Posted by thomas View Post
    Can you really get a good impression of taste from only a couple of mouthfuls though?

I think you might need a proper full-sized deer for that.

Im predominantly a roe stalker, so im going to have to say roe. The flavour you get from a bit of roe is phenomenal. JRoe i agree, roe liver is the food of the gods!!

I tasted sika for the first time a few weeks ago, was amazed at how tender it was. Quite a unique taste as well, was more like beef than venison!!

+ 1 for the ROE Tried Red, not for me thanks. Agree with DAN85, Sika taste's more like beef.

Rgds, Buck.
    "let him without sin cast the first stone"

Unless you've tried them all, you can't really answer this question can you?
    Munty and CWD probably tied in first place!