Which red-dot?

Tamus

I put this in the Boar section, because continental driven Boar is my first purpose in mind but clearly my question applies equally to use on any running game.

I don't really see the point of going to the expense of a "high-end" vari-power illuminated scope and I've already got a non-illuminated 3-9x Swaro but it's not quite ideal. Now, since I need/want something else for use at relatively close range (i.e. about 100m and less) on driven, running game a 1x power red-dot sight is what I'm currently thinking of.

The two obvious types to consider are the Aimpoint tube type and the Docter holographic/reflex type.

My questions are; Which type, make and spec of red-dot do you guys use and/or recommend for running game?

p.s. It would be for fitment to a .30-06 Sako Finnbear rifle.

Tamus
The one that paul posted a link to will work well .I have a opti-mate (edgar bros) red dot that cost £100 5 years ago and is still ticking, it has being mounted on my 12 bore and .308 and now on the .444 and survived hundreads of rounds
it looks a bit sorry for its self now though!

Bob

you need a weaver rail for the reflex style optics usually. So a blaser weaver rail is ideal or a weaver base?

Last edited:
Sh1t, have you seen the price of a Blaser Weaver Rail??

Cheaper to buy a decent straight tube scope and use my exsiting ring setup.

Back