Swarovski Bino's

mudman

I was just flicking through a copy of Shooting Times and saw an advert for some Swaro Binoculars with a price tag of £2005.

This reminded me that a friend commented on my Swaro's 8.5 x42's and said a collegue of his had brought an identical pair into work, he had bought them from a carboot sale for £10!! He tried to make him an offer but the chap had realised they were quality gear so had looked them up on the 'net and was now fully aware of their true value.

Did he buy them out of the back of a lorry, or had they already fallen off the back? NOBODY who has ever come by a pair of Swaros legitimately sells them for a tenner. Makes me wonder who's the biggest scumbag the guy who nicked them or the guy who buys them knowing that at that price they've got to be nicked.

Binoculars:
EL 10X42 SWAROVISION Serial Number K801012306
EL 8,5X42 SWAROVISION Serial Number K800610467
EL 10X42 Serial Number L740587709
EL 10X42 Serial Number L692505171
EL 8,5X42 Serial Number L703817750
EL 10X42 Serial Number L723353129

Riflescope:
AV 4-12X50 4A Serial Number M764220605

pity he didn't get the serial number!

NOBODY who has ever come by a pair of Swaros legitimately sells them for a tenner. Makes me wonder who's the biggest scumbag the guy who nicked them or the guy who buys them knowing that at that price they've got to be nicked.

I'm not sure about that anyalysis.
If the vendor had been left them in someone's will, for example, and had no idea about binoculars, and the purchaser fancied a pair of binoculars, had no idea about them either but thought when he bought them they seemed worth a punt at £10 then there seems to me to be no want of ethics in the deal.

I'd be more inclined to think that if someone had stolen them, then they'd be more careful to get a reasonable price.

In any case, I always try to think the best of people unless there's evidence to support the contrary position:)

I've just bought a pair of 10 x 42 SLC's off another member, i then called Swaro' to register them in my name, to do this i had to give my details and the seriel No, Now, hyperthetically, if i had unwittingly bought a moody pair from some scrote, would Swaro' have picked up on it? If i'd lost a pair, could i call Swaro' and ask them to keep an "eye out"
I understand Finnbear is alluding to a break in at swaro' so they may be looking for that stuff, but what about joe blogg's that dissapear from the back of his car?

Tikkat3

I suppose there are people who go round the likes of car boot sales etc always on the look out for somebody unwittingly selling an item for a lot less than it's true worth. How many on here actually disclose to their respective partners just how much a "very necessary stalking item" is worth. I don't, but what I do have is an inventory of all my stalking goodies with values, just in case, so that my better half would have the right value and not just give them away as she probably would, thinking I'd got those Swaros for a few quid.

On the subject of Swaro binos I have a pair of SCL 10x50. Bought these second hand a few years back from a legitimate source but I noted that alongside the serial no is the word "Test". Being curious I contacted Swarovski and was told that at some point these binos probably had been nicked or sold from a demonstration stall. All she said was don't send them in for repair as they won't come back.

How many guns get handed in to gun shops with all the parafanailia and it just gets stuffed away for a month or two cleaned up and comes out as nearly new.

I once went to a clearance auction on a small farm and bought an old filing cabinate and contents for £12.50 and found a greys draw scope in its case in perfect nick in the bottom drawer, don't use them so sold it for alot

I once went to a clearance auction on a small farm and bought an old filing cabinate and contents for £12.50 and found a greys draw scope in its case in perfect nick in the bottom drawer, don't use them so sold it for alot

I hope thats not the one I bought off eblag a couple of years ago! If it was, the least you can do is send me the filing cabinet to keep it in! JC

Back