New Zeiss Duralyt with illuminated reticle

i have just bought the victory 6x24x56 illuminated and it is the dogs mate the illumination is great i have the 46 rec which is the milldot ?

Thanks for the reply jock.

I know the higher end stuff is great I was just wondering if anyone has any feedback on the entry level Duralyt models.

I dont have one but I do know 3 or 4 guys that do and they are very good for the money! I am a bit hesitant however about how thin the cross hairs are but not to worry as obviously theres now the illuminated one! I shall certainly be getting one!

I dont have one but I do know 3 or 4 guys that do and they are very good for the money! I am a bit hesitant however about how thin the cross hairs are but not to worry as obviously theres now the illuminated one! I shall certainly be getting one!

Do you know if there is much difference between these and the top end models at last light, would be interesting to hear roughly how many extra minutes you get when compared to the more expensive models?

i get about 15 - 20 mins more at last light when i looked through the zeiss i could make out the barbs on the fence about 120 yards away no probs but when i looked through the schmidt 8x56 i could make the fence out but not the barbs on the fence so i would say well worth the money ?

jock

I have Zeiss Duralyt and a Zeiss Diatal Classic 8x56 , low light performance if i'm honest I don't think theres anything in it.
Excellent value for money you would not be dissapointed.

i get about 15 - 20 mins more at last light when i looked through the zeiss i could make out the barbs on the fence about 120 yards away no probs but when i looked through the schmidt 8x56 i could make the fence out but not the barbs on the fence so i would say well worth the money ?

jock

This would presumably be with the 6-24 set at 8 power?

I picked a 3-12x50 Duralyt illum today at a gunshow. Think I'll be very happy with it. Now just need a new rifle to go under it!

I've had one for a few weeks now, it's the 3x12x50, the i.r isn't like others i've seen, it's not the cross hairs in the middle but a very small spot in the centre that you can digitally dimm right down to a glow and it's absolutly brilliant, it's the muts nuts.
At 100yds the dot takes up 8mm of the target so you dont get a 1inch target centre obscured by it, at 100yds its the same size as a rabbits eyeball!
The light gathering on it is exellent and easily matches my swarovski binoculars, put together with a laser genetics ND3x50 it's quite impressive, i'm in Kent, anyone want to come have a look through mine before buying, just PM me, you wont be disapointed

Tikkat3

I'm also thinking about buying one but IR Ret for my 22/250 tikka t3 lite with pes moderator! I zero my rifle in at 270 yards and need a scope which will allow me to see my target clear at this sorta range.. Max 400 yards! What is the max clear viewing range of this scope with the 12x mag?? Cheers

Slickshot,
Mine is the I.R reticle, i've been out with it and shot foxes without a lamp but then had to use a torch to pick them up, the light gathering on them is awsome, till now the best scope i had was a burris and it's not in the same class, whilst i dont shoot at the distances you talk about on 12 mag at 300yds head shooting half growm rabbits is perfectly possible even when the light is gone to the point that with the naked eye, you are losing the edge of the wood in the gloom.
I would definatly say that you would have no problem shooting out to 400yds.
If it's not a stupid question, why do you zero at 270yds? and what are you shooting at 400yds?

Tikkat3

Back