Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: stop shooting does plz its no right ???

Cool stop shooting does plz its no right ???

there fat as f..k i dont think its right

dose eanyone agree

It is not nice but pregnants pregnant!!

Quote Originally Posted by devilishdave View Post
    It is not nice but pregnants pregnant!!

i think it should be stoped this time ov the season they are vulnerable and its not right plz stop this

So do we not trap/kill/poison or shoot anything else that might be pregnant too? Or are deer a special case?

Blindness to suffering is an inherent consequence of natural selection. Nature is neither kind nor cruel but fiercely indifferent.

We have clearly defined seasons and so shoot according to those or as directed by the shoot manager or landowner depending on the management or cull plan.

A gralloch with a foetus is not terribly pleasant but until the end of the month is a possibility !

I shoot hundreds of rabbits at this time of the year and the farmer would be even more pleased if pregnant because that is a reduction in future numbers not just the present numbers !!!

Cheers + ATVB

Last edited by Lightyear; 19-03-2011 at 09:59.

Didnt like the idea myself, but the forestry land owners dont see it that way and now I see it as part of the job on what is a comersial crop area.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
    there fat as f..k i dont think its right

dose eanyone agree
    I agree you cannot be bothered to even try to spell correctly and so cannot be taken seriously at all !

Account Suspended
    North Yorkshire
    If you have a lease thats been clear felled and second or third generation re plant deer numbers on that ground will decimate the growing plantings and forest owners want anything killed to protect their investment.

Know one likes culling pregnant deer but it has to be done say for instance you had 30 does in an area come May the deer on the ground will have tripled all munching away at those nice trees they planted that cost a lot of money.
    The control of Roe deer and proliferation revolves around the female of the species, to many stalkers are bone collectors and wont get involved in culling the female of the species, Dont forget we are managing deer for the benefit of all wild life and that includes fauna either natural or man made.
    The law has been put into place as a tool to do a job and the times allocated for all species of deer and if cull figures on areas of ground havent been met and there are to many left its up you you to use every minute there is to reduce numbers to acceptable levels for the benefit of all wildlife.
    I dont have any qualms in shooting does right up to the last day myself .
    Each to their own

Besides that they taste nice as well
    Last edited by Mannlicher_Stu; 19-03-2011 at 09:21.

I didn't understand the question. Any chance of English?

better to shoot the doe while she's still carrying than when she's just dropped!
    If it fits with the management plan you could consider leaving the adult doe in her territory and remove her kids male or female