Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How many deer have you killed

How many deer have you killed

as the title suggests how many if u can remember how many deer you have shot / killed / recovered all 100% of them ? etc ?

i myself to this date have only shot , and killed 2 and at the moment eating my way through them

since November the 1st last year my shooting partner and i have had eighty two roe, eleven muntjac about ten fallow.
    we eat a load our selves, and butcher a load for the land owners,
    and sell a few to the game dealers we still get a buzz every time we go out,and thats at least twice a week in the winter and once a week in the summer.

and it matters because????

I have culled my set quota this season and will set my new quota after walking my grounds in Oct this year . It don't matter how many to me at all its more about quality and sticking to a set cull plan. But also willing to change the plan if its not beneficial to the deer.

6.5 x 55 is quiet right you have to achive your set cull and stick to it,we will take 100 beasts this year,and if I have the doe/hind cull on my new lease it will be 150,however it is all relative to the base population and your aim,the day you nolonger get that buzz of just been out watching the deer going about there own thing is the day you take up knitting

I've lost count, but then I have been culling Deer since the middle fifties.
    I could come up with a figure from my records but I don't think it's relevent to anybody other than myself and I don't think it should really come up on a web site like this.
    Sorry guys.

More than some, less than others. I agree, it's not important or relevant.

Not a good question... perfect ammo for the anti brigade.

Locking the thread is not the answer. But I will add that most stalkers, and all of those that I associate with never discuss how many deer they may have taken over the years. Its a bit like asking someone how much money you have in your bank account.

What we must remember is the memories of being out stalking and with good friends, and memorable times, those are what you should cherish. Numbers mean nothing, memories everything.

XIM I hope you have many memories in years to come, forget numbers taken, count the memories. Good luck with your stalking