What moderator for .222?

Joshua

Can someone please point me towards a cheap mod for the .222? Noise reduction isn't a major issue so I don't need anything too fancy, just something basic and well made.

Josh:)

I have a ASE UTRA Jet Z CQB on my 222 and am very happy with it. It's not the cheapest but well made and should last a lifetime of shooting.

Toby

i have a t8 on my m595 .222 it does the job for me i cannot comment on what its like compared to others as i dont know ,build quality is very good although quite heavy
cheers paul

I have a predator 8 on my T3 .204, again not the chapest but strippable for cleaning and if you ever change guns and it has a different thread you can get a thread insert rather than a new mod.

Tony

Last edited:
I also have a Dm80 on my .223 I'm very impressed with it, I think they're very good value

I used to be a real fan of wildcat mods, but they are a nightmare to order from now & I have started to notice a white product of corrosion building up in the bullet channel( In both my Wild Cat Mods). This can occur only 6 hours after the rifle is fired. I have a feeling that it has deflected some first shots. (the ones you take when you are stalking). I do not know how & why it occurs but it means that I have to unscrew the mod & check that the channel is not obstructed before, & after every stalk.
NOT GOOD :mad:

i have 2 ase cqb's one one a 22/250 and one which was on 222 but is going on 17 rem once its barreled . there superb and will last a very long time.

downside is they do cost a fair bit of money £300. if you keep a eye out though you can find them secondhand for around £200

if you want it really compact they do a ase cqbs also which is only 90mm long

I used to be a real fan of wildcat mods, but they are a nightmare to order from now & I have started to notice a white product of corrosion building up in the bullet channel( In both my Wild Cat Mods). This can occur only 6 hours after the rifle is fired. I have a feeling that it has deflected some first shots. (the ones you take when you are stalking). I do not know how & why it occurs but it means that I have to unscrew the mod & check that the channel is not obstructed before, & after every stalk.
NOT GOOD :mad:
I have never had that problem. Do you reload? Could it be the powder you are using. I only shoot Factory Ammo at the moment.

You could PM my mate “Kaleidoscope”, owner of Jager sporting arms on here, he is doing a special deal to SD member on the A-Tec CCM moderators £180. The beauty with these is they are modular so you can remove the number of baffles to match the calibre, I would think that 3 baffles would work OK on a 222.

He is a link to the one I use.

http://www.thestalkingdirectory.co.uk/showthread.php?8896-Compact-Moderator-a-un-expected-outcome.&highlight=A-Tec+ccm

ATB

Tahr

The older wildcat models 200/300 are superb, with only 4" over hang,easy to clean & well built stainless. It seems to be a trend now, but as usual the later are not as good,due to budgets or something . If you want a good budget mod go JSL barrel end mod, they are superb, but add a little more length to the barrel. DM80 is the man tho ;) Thats my 50p worth. :)

Go for an A-TEC, and at the £180 mark mentioned above it is worth every penny. I use one on my .222 but use all 5 baffels, it is light weight, easy to clean and very effective. I cannot knock it at all. I just have the <6.5mm one.

Cheers,

until I bought a third eye tactical Spartan for my 25-06 / 222 I had a JLS Stalker for the 222 only. You can pick them up 2nd hand for about £50. They are end fitting not over barrel and are not bad for the price, I only sold mine due to getting the Spartan.

Rick

Back