Thread: New lamp

New lamp

Hi guys I'm after a new lamp needs to be hand held good beam for lamping charleys what do you suggest iv got a light force but not keen on the wiering also got a deben tracer max but Dnt think it gives a good enough beam. Bin looking at the u caller night eye any one tried one before?

Cluson shootlight

I got my striker 170 re-wired by one of my friends, (simple task for sparky) because of the same issue, now still going strong.

i was looking at a 170 what is wrong with the wiring?

Unless they've changed it, i put a on dimmer switch connected by slimmer(still heavy enough duty) more compact wire instead of the coiled version provided. This plugged straight into a lithium ion battery, via bullit connector. the lead acid battery packs provided have poor, flawed wiring connections. (i've got both shoulder and belt packs which i might add, no longer use.)

I've got the striker 170 and had a problem with the switch so I rewired it with Cluson cable and switch, as for the lamp itself cannot complain,

Bought a Cluson Blazerlight last year, great lamp - we use it with an amber filter for foxing.

Recommend it!
    Nothing is worse than having an itch you can never scratch

"...Nicely just doesn't cut the cheese....." A new twist on management-speak courtesy of a colleague.

cluson 2 with lithium battery pack
    Last edited by MrYou; 03-04-2011 at 23:19.

cluson led clu briter

The Cluson Clubriter is very good indeed.
    I understand Deben have now produced their own handheld lamp which is a copy of the Lightforce but with the wiring problems both inside and out sorted, Should be worth a look.