Thread: Floor plate bits for rem 700

Floor plate bits for rem 700

I have a 22-250 remington 700 thathas an internal or blind magazine.

To remove rounds you have to cycle the bolt which is damaging the bullets a's they are ejected.

I was was wondering if anyone has done a mag conversion and has the floor plate Parts left over that I could buy.

I am changing the stock anyway and there are a lot more available for floor plate guns.

Hi tom
    I have done a conversion to a Remmy 700 Sendero 25-06, but its long action, and the kit I got is only available in long action (from the US - KLIK), you can buy a really nice set-up but it will set you back about 150-180, I saw them at Newark, my mate bought one for his Howa, I will call him and get the company name. Riflecraft did them as well but a 100 MORE !!! looked the same to me ! To be honest, if you have not bought the stock yet, DONT, save your money, get rid of the Remmy 700 ADL (yes, I had one and it would not shoot worth a damn) and buy the SAKO for sale on here, stainless, synthetic stock, mag, and its a SAKO nothing more to say . . and it will always be worth what you paid for it, tinkering with a base Remmy model will only be a waste of CASH, my thoughts, your decision.
    brgds FlyBoy270
    cheers FlyBoy270

One more thing . . I converted my Remmy because it was a heavy barelled Sendero, probably the best 700 ever produced, HS precision stock with aluminium chassis, timney trigger, jewelled bolt, and hand finished. Adding a 10 round box mag made it into the ultimate Fox gun, good for 600yds. The guy I sold it to is over the moon with it !

Yes, I do have a few SAKO's: 17HMR Quad, + 2 barrels, 223 HB SAKO 75, 22-25 SAKO A2 Border barrel McMillan Stock, 25-06 SAKO 75 Hunter, 270 SAKO 75 Finnlight.
    but I have others as well,
    308 Howa HB Stainless, 7mm WSM Howa, 300 WinMag Browning A bolt, 338 WinMag Mauser, 308 CF2, 303 Lee Enfield No4, 22 RF Ruger 10/22, 22RF Browning A bolt

Thank you for your comments but I am lookinf for the parts to convert to a floor plate. Not a mag system or a sako

Give roger a call (rimfire majic),he has a bucket of floorplate's for remmy 700's.

So Sorry, did not read your post properly, just scanned it and saw Mag Conversion,
    my most humble apologies

Quote Originally Posted by MARKG View Post
    Give roger a call (rimfire majic),he has a bucket of floorplate's for remmy 700's.
    Email sent!

All sorted now chaps,

Rimfire Magic sorted me out. They have kits already made up consisting of floorplate/trigger guard, mag box, follower and replacement screws all for 40.