Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: NOBEL no1 and no 0 powder info required please.

NOBEL no1 and no 0 powder info required please.

Just been given some new unopened tins of ICI nobel no1 and no 0 powders along with some hodgdon H414 and Vihtavuori N140, Has anybody out there got any reloading data for the nobel powders please.

What cartridge and bullet weight are you looking for Sinbad.

ive got an original nobel loading manual somewhere.

Account Suspended
    North Yorkshire
    I have the original ICI Nobel powder manual.
    What info do you require?

I use a browning x bolt in .223rem that likes 55gr federal powershocks and have just got a ruger no1v in 6mm rem that I have not had time to try yet ( been told that it likes 85gr noslers). I am just getting started into reloading so am open to any hints and tips that you have. Also waiting for a 6mm die to arrive,

I have been searching the www for info and had a look on reloaders nest the nobel 1 and 0 are listed as slow burning but no other info , If you can find the manual would be grateful if you could get back to me.

Is that Rifle No 1 and No 0 or Revolver (hopefully Rifle!)? Are you sure you want to use the powder? Even if the tins are unopened, I don't think it's been made for years (although I stand to be corrected)?

Just a thought.

Sinbad I've just had a look at my old Nobel guide. Only loads using Rifle number 2 and Rifle number 3 powders are listed for .223rem, and 6mm Rem is not listed at all.

I used to use Rifle0 and Rifle1 for my .270 and .308 loads with good results. Pretty certain the Nobel powders you have aren't suitable for .223rem.

Account Suspended
    North Yorkshire
    Now then Nobel in my book only list Rifle 2 powder and Rifle 3 for 223 calibre along with revolver 1 so it must be a more updated manual you req.

Stu you probably have the same guide as me, can't find a date on it. Revolver 1 is for cast bullet loads only in .223rem ?