Thread: Red stags in October

Red stags in October

Last edited by JAYB; 21-03-2011 at 18:25.

Your first post and you are looking for a substantial amount of stalking! the requirement for the site is for your first post to be an introduction, this is so that we know who we are dealing with, hopefully stalkers. Are you an agent looking to fill a booking, it all looks a bit suspicious.

A clever man knows his strengths, a wise man knows his weaknesses

Hi John, what is "suspicious" about what I'm asking for?? I'm trying to arrange some stalking for clients and have received two helpful responses from members already. Have I breached a rule or some aspect of forum etiquette? My company arranges tailor-made fishing, golf and shooting holidays in Scotland. I am not offering "paid sporting opportunities" (all of our clients are from overseas) and the forum clearly has members who are offering stalking and related services... where is the problem?

The problem is that you come on here looking to fill your orders, you are a trader. It matters not where your clients come from, you may not be offering paid stalking opportunities to our members but you are taking advantage of advertising on the site to suit your business. If you wish to remain on here and make use of the stalking available then it will be necessary for you to become a trade member.

There is a requirement for all members to make an introductory post so that the rest of the site has some idea about you, but you apparently could not be bothered to read the notification which mentions this before making your first post, it is difficult to miss, it is contained within a yellow banner.

I would have been more than happy to join as a trade member, were it not for your unnecessarily hostile attitude. Please remove my details from your forum.

People are always more than happy to become trade members after it is pointed out to them. I was not unnecessarily hostile I was necessarily blunt, how would you like people to use your website in order to drum up business, I suggest that you would not.

You are not the first to manage not to notice the very clear request before your first post to make an introduction and you will not be the last.

There is little point in carrying on this futile conversation, you seem to be missing the fundemental point here. I was categorically not attempting to "drum up business" - Quite the reverse in fact, I was looking to perhaps give business to your trade members!!!
    May I respectfully suggest that you make it clear that your members should not seek to "obtain", as well as "offer" sport without first becoming a "trade member". Perhaps that would solve this apparently recurrent problem.

You were, are, going to make money out of any transaction that you managed to get through the site, even if you sold on the stalking at cost the whole package would be of benefit to you financially, which makes you trade. You may try to hide the fact behind a series of excuses relating to "not offering" but "giving" business to members but it will not wash. You ignored the request for an introduction and went straight in with your "I want" post.

There is no need to clarify the trade position, the trouble does not lie with the explanation but with peoples attempts to circumnavigate it. All of our trade members have understood it perfectly and those that were unsure asked, if nothing else surely good manners would suggest to someone that to benefit their business by using another's website that it would be nice to ask.

Good work John, don't need this excellent site being hijacked!

we have stags for let in october 17000 acres 350+vat
    Last edited by marshall 22; 01-04-2011 at 12:59.