Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What a great week stalking

What a great week stalking

Well ive just got back from a week stalking some of my ground & visiting family & what a week ive had
    Four days stalking mixed between mornings & evening stalks.
    total of four Muntjac & probably the best Roe Buck ive ever shot A 6 pointer in absoloutly fantastic condition & not a mark on him Im not really a head collector but this boy is going on a plaque Ok no medal head but just the fact that he was so good & a great set of antlers i think he deserves to be shown
    I also watched an even better looking Buck solid with muscle & very proud of the antlers sitting on his head, I dont think any other buck in the area would of had a chance up against him I watched him for about 10 mins, he was about 100 yards off quite happy browsing with a few does in the area.
    Yes i know your all saying i should of taken him & i was thinking about it but i decided to leave him as he was such a handsome chap & i had as much enjoyment just watching him on his ground keeping watch on his territory & the fact that i had shot my other Buck only 10min beforehand
    So to sum it up i had a great week stalking & also got eaten alive my our friends the Midgey

Distinguished Member tartinjock's Avatar
    Nairn, Inverness-shire
    Well done Mate, sounds like you had a most enjoyable week away, got any pics to show?

Shame it has to end, eh. At least you have the memories and the trophy.
    No pictures?

It really was a great week I will post some pics up when ive downloaded them.

Fabulous mate.. absolutely the right thing to leave the little guy to work his magic and carry on the bloodline 8)

Well done glad you had a good time. I think you should be more proud of the one you left than the one you took, good decision.

It was good to met at the fair we enjoyed your crack and sounds like a productive week back home.
    How did you get on with the other issue you were talling me about!

Look forward to meeting again soon

take care

welldone nick
    cracking time or what
    look forward to seeing the pics mate
    give us a ring when you got five
    speak soon

Uncle Fester your back Well done mate, gld to hear you had a good time and some nice stalking as well. Hope to catch up soon, and look forward to the piccys.

I was down on my bit yesterday, saw a stonking great Buck, but he patrols right on the edge of my bit, so only a fleeting glimpse, again!!

Never mind I have a cunning plan.

Talk soon

Well done Steyr good read , nice to know there are some people who dont have to shoot every thing thy see , lets hope that buck passes on his good pionts to his off spring, got to look after the future regards Ye old stalker