Thread: Zeiss Rail Mount System

Question Zeiss Rail Mount System

Apologies if this has been asked before but I can't find anything relevant through the search facility...

I am in the fortunate position of being able to consider some new glass for my rifle, a BSA Monarch. I'm looking at the Zeiss range, specifically those scopes with the Rail Mount System.

I would appreciate the thoughts of people who chose the rail mount over standard rings for their rifle - why?

Also, there seems to be a real lack on information (that I can find) on the internet regarding bases and mounts for the Rail System. Could someone please point me towards a manufacturer or website that would sell all the parts necessary to mount the scope to the Monarch?

Many thanks in advance.

I've got several mounted with APEL (EAW) mounts - highly recommended.

I have a rail mount on my Z6i, was sceptical before I recieved the scope but now it is fitted it is rock solid, if it was like mine to mount thought just be prepared for a bit of head scratching, there were quite a few bit n bobs n shims to put in place but worth it in the end...dont forget to thread lock it wont want to do it again ))

Also i"ve got several guns mounted with Zeiss and EAW swing off mounts - highly recommended
    I am not sure if they do a fixed mount system for an old monarch. The scope is so easy to transfer to other guns though without showing any scratches that the swing offs make it worthwhile.