Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Harkila stalking boots

Harkila stalking boots

Anyone able to provide a review on these new-ish Harkila Prohunter stalking boots? 10", 10" kevlar, 12", etc.

in the market for new one's and can't decide which manufacturer to use..I want tall-ish, sturdy, waterproof, warm, and usable for both summer, winter, lowland and highland stalking....

Love my mendl Douve extreme, they are all of the above hth

Had my Dovres for over 14 years and swear by them. But had to have them resoled after the original soles came off. Excellent repair job but they now leak so I had to replace them. I was going to get the same but saw the Harkilas boots. I have Harkila clothing, which is excellent so bought a pair of Prohunter 12" GTX. I would have bought the kevlar boots but they are not available in 12". I am very pleased with the Prohunter - excellent manufacturing quality. They are wider in the toe area than most equivalent boots so you can wear thick socks without getting cramped toes. They also have excellent fore/aft articulation on the ankle, so feel less like ski-boots!! I wore mine around the house for a few days to loosen the leather and to bed in the "memory fit". Boots are a very personal thing as only your feet can tell you which ones they like, but after few stalks in mine I am very happy with them, very comfortable and quiet. Hope that helps, Bryan

Can't comment on the pro hunters but these are well worth a look
    Altberg Bootmakers - Richmond, North Yorkshire - Country Veldthog Shooting Boot - Country boots
    I have a few pairs of mountaineering boots from the likes of Scarpa, salomon and la sportiva and the altbergs are at least as well made.
    They are everything you ask for above and also have good ankle articulation. judging by the construction they will last a loooooooooooong time and the guys at altberg know their stuff and are very good to deal with, the shop is attached to the factory so fitting service etc is first class if you can get through to them.

Hi Bryan,

Do the Harkila's have as much ankle support as your Meindl's?

Did you take the same size Harkila as you did in the Meindl?

Have a pair of pro-hunter 10" and they are awesome, very warm, provide great ankle support, good tread pattern and superbly comfortable.

love my meindl douve had them now for 3 years.
    Harkila are no match 2 x mates have had them back to the store twice and now made the investment in the meindl

Have tried Harkila mountain hunt gtx 10" and they do not match up to my meindl boots. The harkilas are not boots for serious hill stalking in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Bryan_C View Post
    Had my Dovres for over 14 years and swear by them.
    Christ on a bike!!

I dont get 14 mnths out of mine!!
    There is a place on this planet for all of God's creatures, right next to my tatties and gravy!!!

Victoria Australia Sambar country.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Gliballs View Post
    Christ on a bike!!

I dont get 14 mnths out of mine!!
    Thats because you actually go out and hunt in them!
    Dont dither,take the shot!