Buttolo Caller

Works on muntjac, don't over use it and be careful if you have roe around! You can often stop muntjac if they are on the move.

I find it works soon as there are young on the ground the gentle pip pip of the kid will bring most does in . But bucks are more careful and the doe in season or getting humped call will not work untill late july or untill there is atleast a doe in season in that area.

I have used the call a cherry wood for takeing a few pictures but i am sure the deer have got wise to the false call. It might be wise to leave in the house till the rut if you want it to tempt a nice big buck in .

I have used the call a cherry wood for takeing a few pictures but i am sure the deer have got wise to the false call. It might be wise to leave in the house till the rut if you want it to tempt a nice big buck in .

If you shoot a lot of Muntjac you will always have a call handy! Very useful tool.

Deerman i dont shoot a lot of muntis mate infact i have not shot one and i wouldnt think that FT will see that many from were he is.

+1, 6 Pointer- however, unconfirmed reports of Munties in the Borders and 1 sighting in Perth- but that might have been a big hare through whiskey glasses- LOL

If you shoot a lot of Muntjac you will always have a call handy! Very useful tool.

Deerman i dont shoot a lot of muntis mate infact i have not shot one and i wouldnt think that FT will see that many from were he is.

My statement was a general one and not specifically aimed at people over the wall. I am sure in time Muntys will migrate further north, maybe with a little help from others!:-|

Back on topic,my mate sent me a new buttolo that has a tone control on it so no need to mess about pluging holes up,has anybody else seen them or am i a bit behind the times.:old:

What is the best way to use them on Muntjac, as they have a two stage squeak or can be used without the 2nd part?

ive had a buttolo for years , its a good all round roe call once you get the knack of it !

i was lucky i was shown how to use on by a danish friend and works most of the time

Back