Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cheap, light, waterproof, rot free doe box.

Cheap, light, waterproof, rot free doe box.

I have built a number of doe boxes for my lease from 1000lt IBC containers. This is my latest one, I use one for the body and of a second one for the roof, the steel frame they sit in make a ideal tower, you can bolt two or three together to give you extra height. The one in the photo just requires a coat of green paint to finish it of. From 3 IBCs you will get two boxes and a couple of towers depending on how high you want to go.

Being made of plastic they are very light and water proof, of course they require no maintenance.

very clever use. were do you get them from and one good thing abot them they will never rot and be easy to take away if you lose the lease

Quote Originally Posted by trouble View Post
    How do ya get in
    Fozzberry flop???
    Nothing is worse than having an itch you can never scratch

"...Nicely just doesn't cut the cheese....." A new twist on management-speak courtesy of a colleague.

Quote Originally Posted by merlin View Post
    Fozzberry flop???

Quote Originally Posted by trouble View Post
    How do ya get in
    Door at the back, you would have to be a slim bugger to get in the front, I get mine from where I work but you can pick them up off Evil-bay.

Does it come with an Engaged sign for the door?

Brilliant idea, wish I had thought of it, I bought some a few years ago for feed storage bins on the shoot,cost 12 each at the time will be a bit more now I suppose, bought from Oynx recyclers for those of you in Scotland branches in Grangemouth and Falkirk.

Tahr, thank you for this idea, I have a source of these and this is one idea that had never occured. We just use them for water on the pheasant shoot!

Have you any other pictures please?

Blindness to suffering is an inherent consequence of natural selection. Nature is neither kind nor cruel but fiercely indifferent.