Cheap, light, waterproof, rot free doe box.

Thar

I have built a number of doe boxes for my lease from 1000lt IBC containers. This is my latest one, I use one for the body and ½ of a second one for the roof, the steel frame they sit in make a ideal tower, you can bolt two or three together to give you extra height. The one in the photo just requires a coat of green paint to finish it of. From 3 IBCs you will get two boxes and a couple of towers depending on how high you want to go.

Being made of plastic they are very light and water proof, of course they require no maintenance.

plasticdoebox.jpg

ATB

Tahr

very clever use. were do you get them from and one good thing abot them they will never rot and be easy to take away if you lose the lease

webby

Brilliant idea, wish I had thought of it, I bought some a few years ago for feed storage bins on the shoot,cost £12 each at the time will be a bit more now I suppose, bought from Oynx recyclers for those of you in Scotland branches in Grangemouth and Falkirk.

Tahr, thank you for this idea, I have a source of these and this is one idea that had never occured. We just use them for water on the pheasant shoot!

Have you any other pictures please?

Simon

Just the job
Gona make one tmoro,have two or three kicking around
Dairy farms get teat spray delivered in these containers

It's a bit white!:eek:
Also given me another idea.:idea:
I wonder what happens to the old 'Turdis' style portaloos when they are no longer fit for purpose? They have a seat too!:lol:
Might smell a bit to start with.
Or, could just cut a shoot window in a perfectly servicable one! Ideal when you are out at first light and stalking conflicts with the morning constitutional Shoite!:lol: Mind you don't drop yer Bino's though!:p:doh:
MS:D

This is the mark one prototype to much wood and it was to heavy I tried to make one IBC do one box, it worked better using two. As you see with a coat of paint they blend in and it don’t look like a portaloo.:D The plastic cuts real easy with a circler saw or jig saw.

doebox.jpg

ATB

Tahr

They make ideal trays in the back of the truck also when cut down.
If painting green etc the polypropylene will need to be conditioned to take paint coat by going over it with a blowtorch to activate the surface molecules otherwise the paint just peels off. Same principle as on car bumpers.
Martin

Cracking idea Thar. I just had my doe box made out of pallets destroyed by a dairy heard and guess what.... up in the top field is one of these in a cage, its been there for years, a quick word with the estate manager is in order.

A Question, to save me fookin about cutting a bit off testing and then a bit more, would you let me have the dimensions of the hole etc?

Many thanks

Hi John

Some of the IBC come on a wooden pallet others plastic and lastly some with a galvanized steel base. I cut the bottom out, well I say the bottom but that is the top with the big screw filler top on when it is used for liquid. Wood or plastic floor and they are not too noisy but steel floor yes a carpet would be needed.

Rangefinder,

I will try and do a step by step guild it will be in the next week as I am busy over the next few days.

As has been said I have used a couple cut in half to line out the back of 4x4 just fit nice in a Hi-Lux idea if you have a few red hinds to take out.

I am also looking at using one as a sledge to drag reds of clear fell.

Thanks for all the positive comments,:D glad it has been of assistant, although I guest it will push up the price of IBCs.:doh:

ATB

Tahr

Back